Your Top 5 Web Hosting?

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by johnxarce, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Shawn, do you happen to have any experience with ASO on a dedicated-server level? If so, have you been satisfied with their level of quality?

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

My top:

1. Cartika
    2. WiredTree
    :)

3. Vekseid

Vekseid Regular Member

WiredTree... any company that does not understand web technologies is a company that is most certainly not getting a share of my money.

4. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with them. I, on the other hand, have had nothing but positive experience(s) with 'em, which is why I'm a bit shocked to hear about your situation!

5. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

What happened with WiredTree, Vekseid? Are you at liberty to say?

6. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    Sorry no, only on shared and VPS -- I do have some guys I know online that run a pretty good array of sites that use them; I don't have the need for managed hosts anymore though. I wouldn't hesitate to trust them for a second however.

7. Chris

Chris Regular Member

No worries - I was just wondering. I'm quite thrilled with WiredTree, but was wondering about ASO's services seeing as they're not advertised to obviously (particularly on the dedicated-server level, as mentioned)... it appears as if they are an afterthought.

8. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

e.e Lurking about and learning....

9. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    My guess is that the margins are higher in the shared market. It was what, about 4 years ago that they moved from The Planet to GNAX? I tried to get the owner of a community to change too (this is when the planet and ev1 merged) after all sorts of issues. Also their server availability might play into that, who knows how many they have allocated to them.

10. Chris

Chris Regular Member

That's what I was thinking, Shawn - that, or they'd rather limit the purchase of dedicated servers to those who are more "serious" about their needs and/or requirements.

11. Rocket81

Rocket81 Newcomer

First Name:
    John
    Hostmonster is absolutely amazing and I would rank it 100 out of 100..never been happier!

12. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    This could be very true.. they are definitely focused on quality offerings. I've run out of the need for managed hosts but if you need it it's a lot cheaper than paying an admin.