You know what would be quite interesting?

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by cheat-master30, Oct 29, 2009.

1. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

If the current situation with vBulletin made it as a news story on Watchdog or another such consumer program. If someone had submitted it on one of these shows, I bet Internet Brands would DEFINITELY be taking notice of the people complaining about their current business practices.

2. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Your theory amuses me, because it's close to reality, very close.

3. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Businesses up and change plans all the time. I'm not overjoyed with IB's move here nor are a number of their current customers but it's a business move. Business and customer needs are often at odds.

I hate to say it but we (as customers) had it great under the previous licensing structure. By now we all should realize how great we had it. From a business prospective you know that IB bought Jelsoft to turn a profit we all expected prices to go up they did rise almost immediately on upgrades. You cannot say this wasn't expected even if you didn't follow the 3rd party vB sites with the leak.

Yeah, I'd like to still have the perpetual license but businesswise from IB's point of view it just doesn't scale or make sense. I'd like to think that previously our upgrade fees were putting food on the developer and support staffs table, now it's owned by Internet Brands, who like any corporation has a goal of turning a profit.