XenForo Enhanced Search 1.0.0 Released

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by News Bot, Jan 18, 2012.

1. News Bot

News Bot Regular Member

XenForo Enhanced Search (XFES) is an add-on that replaces XenForo's built-in search to provide high performance search capabilities to larger boards and to give your users more flexible search options.

XFES is built on top of elasticsearch, which is in turn built on top of Lucene. This gives excellent performance, even with millions of pieces of content. Elasticsearch allows nearly infinite scalability and redundancy by silently allowing searches to be run across multiple servers.

Additionally, you benefit from a very small stopword list and no minimum word length, allowing nearly any search to return meaningful results.

XFES also provides support for returning results based on how relevant they are to your search. You can select relevancy ordering on the advanced search page.

XFES also allows you to select a "stemming analyzer", which means that words are reduced to their roots before searches are performed. For example, a search for "tests", will automatically return results for "test", "tested", "testing", and similar words. (This is only accurate for English boards currently.)

Requirements

XFES requires that you have elasticsearch 0.16.0 or newer installed. As such, this add-on is only applicable if you have root access to your server (such as with a dedicated server or VPS). XFES also requires XenForo 1.1.1 or newer.

Purchasing

XFES can be purchased with a new license via the purchase page or with an existing license via the customer area.

Installation and Configuration

Please see our XFES manual page for more information.

Continue reading...

Brandon likes this.
  2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I was just reading over this yesterday, glad it's already out.
    I won't be adding it to either of my forums but it's good for those big boards which need quicker searches.