XenForo 1.3.0 Release Candidate 1 Released

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by AWS, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Was it ever broken though? I always got the feeling it was just "different" and took a bit of getting used to. Though perhaps that in itself was good enough reason to change it.

2. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Regular Member

First Name:
    Jason
    I disagree. If you provide a link to a post where this has happened, and then look at the user's post history, it's very easy to see if they have posted again since that incident.

3. jmurrayhead

First Name:
    Jason
    It seemed very incomplete. I don't think it supported quoting from multiple pages, either.

4. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

That proves nothing really. It's about whether users who never posted before feel comfortable in doing so when they have an issue.

A lot of users post once and clear off as they never have problems in the future.

5. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Fair enough. Continuous improvement is a good thing.

6. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    This is very true. I don't need a CMS or blog. A gallery would be nice, but, I used Photopost for years with vbulletin and SonnB's gallery works well for the sites I use it on. I would rather they concentrate on making what they already have flow much better.

With Kiers UI design experience I would like to see something new. I am sure he has the talent to come up with something that would turn the forum world upside down.

7. GTB

GTB Regular Member

On thing I'd have liked to seen added in 1.3. The ability to filter RSS feeds pulled in based on keyword included in title or content of feed. vb3 has that feature and makes using rss feeds better when you can filter them and be able to choose better what gets brought in.

Would also like to see multiple tags being able to be used with threads added, rather than only one choice can be used.

A fully blown gallery I'm not bothered about, instead something like "and yes again", what vb3 has with member profile gallery section - but do it better with XenForo so a link gets displayed in members posts if they have a gallery set-up.

Other little things, an option to view all threads "not replied too", along with latest topics it has.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  8. GTB

GTB Regular Member

That to a large extent is very true of admin forums, noticed it also. The XenForo threads on TAZ for instance don't get much attention because there's no drama to be had in them, the product is good so no drama over it gets started. Whereas with vBulletin threads, it's a minefield of drama so they get a lot of attention from posters, most not even using it anymore. It's true what you say.

But... coming from somebody who spent all his time at the front-end of drama before working for vB. It's a bit rich coming from you that, moaning about it now because your vB staff and want to talk serious about vBulletin on other admin forums - when you was the UNO number one drama queen of the web before.

So... what do you expect Mark? You act as though we should all just forget the OLD you, like it never existed.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  9. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Jelly fish and squid are like that. They have no back bone and will conform and shape themselves into whatever the situation requires.
    An old navy saying, it's his turn in the barrel.

GTB likes this.
  10. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

I'm not MOANING about anything, I'm just pointing out facts.

You yourself claimed there was no interest in this XF release. Others have pointed out that this is simply not true based on activity in the release thread on the official site. I'm therefore simply pointing out facts.

11. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Don't twist what I said. I meant... and you know I did, that there wasn't many replies to the XF release threads posted on TAZ, not much interest shown THEIR in it. Of course there will be tons of replies to the same threads posted on XenForo.... bit obvious that, but then I wasn't talking about XF.com site.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  12. Allan

Allan It's All Good

I don't think I will update for awhile at least until it's stable. Since I'm not impressed with it either.

13. Russ

Russ Regular Member

Impressed or not it still fixes bugs, definitely no show-stoppers but no reason not to upgrade.

14. Allan

Allan It's All Good

OH I will update once the stable version is released, since updating is a pain having to ftp everything again.

15. Russ

Russ Regular Member

I guess I'm one of those easily impressed by the fact I can stay up-to-date in less than 5 minutes haha :D.

Autopilot and jmurrayhead like this.
  16. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Release Candidate 2 is out today.

17. jmurrayhead

First Name:
    Jason
    Yes, it literally takes very little time to update XenForo.

Autopilot likes this.