Would you let your own kids on your forum?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Soliloquy, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

If you had kids, is your forum "family-friendly" enough that you wouldn't mind having them on it? Would you let them on even if other minors weren't allowed because you know you could supervise them? At what age would you be ok with them participating?

2. kev

kev Regular Member

Yes, my main forum is semi-family friendly. And yes, my 13 year old daughter has an account there.

My son and I - he is 15 - we have a gaming forum together.

3. Blackout

Blackout Addict

First Name:
    Jacob
    No, I don't think my community is child-friendly because though it might be I'd rather not take a chance should something happen. But most of the time, the user registration is set at PG-13+. So most of the userbase is above the child stages. Besides, today's entertainment that children are exposed to is nothing compared to my childhood days.

4. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Yes!

My kid can visit any time, suitable for all ages.

5. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    For the most part there is nothing that would prevent kids from being on my forum. We do try to keep it PG-13

6. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

._. If I had one.... u_u But if I did, I would restrict them of some parts on Pisoga...

7. John

John Regular Member

I do not have kids but if I would have they would not be allowed on the forum if no other kids in their age is allowed.

8. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Yes, all forums I admin have "Family Friendly" policies.

9. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    I do have a son but he's not really into the whole firearm thing and he's still a little young to understand some of our adult humor. It's not that the site is Rated "X" but we do joke around a lot and mention some of those four letter words you don't want your kids saying. Then we sometimes post pictures you probably wouldn't want your kids seeing either. Again, it's not really "X" rated but can be very suggestive.

10. DarkWarriorXII

DarkWarriorXII Addict

First Name:
    Dave
    If I had kids (some day), I would certainly let them on my forums. I think it would be fun showing them how everything's set up and whatnot. All my forums are family-friendly as well. And knowing my members, they'd get a kick out of talking to "Dave's" kids. :P

11. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    i dont have kids, but my brother is 6 and i cant wait til hes old enough to join zaboomafu, cause he loves gaming. i do sometimes post on his behalf when hes done something in a game and is excited about it. it is family friendly, so i wouldnt have a problem with him viewing it, but he is just too young for forums, because he cant read or write very well.

my 17 month old sister posts in one forum i am admin of's chat room, even if it is something like "sdfg eawrithr weriotg erth dfggggggg" and the members love it! everyone likes talking to her, and shes been doing it since she was about 6 months old.

12. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Yes, my forum is completely family friendly, altho my son hasn't expressed any interest in joining - yet.

13. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

My Disney forums are definitely 'family-friendly', but the music ones aren't.

My oldest daughter (7 years old) will be starting up a site with me soon as she's still coming up with ideas and a style that she wants to use :)