Who's Online at the top?

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by SwImMeRs, Jan 2, 2001.

1. SwImMeRs

SwImMeRs Regular Member

I know that you have a page that tells you who's online...but to see that...you have to go to a different page area to view that! What if you put it at the top or bottom of the main page, that way when we're browsing the page we can see who's online with ease! just a suggestion...I know that you're in the process of making the web site better! Thanks for changing the BG color!! .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  2. jadedskies

jadedskies Regular Member

We've already discussed this in another thread...I was floating the same idea, but there was concern by others about privacy...sorry!

And now the background's changed, I take it you'll come here more often? Please?

------------------
    Lister from Red Dwarf -
    "I want to get married, have a family... get lots of practice in the things you need to do to get a family"

3. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Thanks for the suggestion. .

In the near future, both who's online as well as private messages will be located near the top somewhere. This way you can view those at a glance so you don't have to scroll to the bottom of the front page. We agree it should be up top.

However, the usernames of those currently online will remain a 'clickable' option, instead of listing them all right then and there.

Thanks for writing! .

------------------
    -Administrator / Owner
    "Everything was true. God was an astronaut. Oz really is over the
    rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed

4. SwImMeRs

SwImMeRs Regular Member

Well I figured that much! I mean it would be an option that people could choose whether they want their names shown or on invisiable. But private messages etc shouldn't be seen at the top by the user...rather, that should still remain a clickable!

yes Dave..I will be here more often since the BG color change! Aw...my eyes are much happier now! .

5. jadedskies

jadedskies Regular Member

Bewdy!

------------------
    Lister from Red Dwarf -
    "I want to get married, have a family... get lots of practice in the things you need to do to get a family"