Which Software Has This Feature?

Discussion in 'Community Forum Software' started by Phil Tanny, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Phil Tanny

Phil Tanny Newcomer

First Name:
    Phil
    Hi all,

I'm hoping that those of you who are familiar with the major forum software brands might help educate me regarding available features.

I'm interested in moderation features. Perhaps you can share how various forum apps would handle this job. Here's an example.

Moderated Rooms - In a moderated room, as I'm defining it, all new posts are sent to a moderator for review and approval before being published on the forum.

The moderator receives the post in an email. If they like the post, they click a link to approve the post and publish it to the forum.

How does the software brand that you are familiar with handle this kind of task?

Thanks!

Phil

2. Sunsettommy

Sunsettommy Adept

SMF,myBB,phpBB3 all have a Moderator Contol panel.

In myBB you can see postings that have this () around the number of postings needing moderator approval.

(3) This means there are 3 postings or threads needing attention.It shows up right in the forum box postings count.

Or you can just look in the Moderator Control Panel.

Later I can post a link to really answer your questions.

3. Phil Tanny

Phil Tanny Newcomer

First Name:
    Phil
    Thank you, I appreciate your response.

If your time permits, how is it determined which posts should receive prior approval?

For instance, do you define a particular room as a moderated room, and then all posts submitted to that room must be approved by a mod?

Can you specify particular users whose submissions to any room must be approved?

Thanks again for whatever you care to share.

4. Sunsettommy

Sunsettommy Adept

I own a myBB based forum.

LINK

When I want to activate post/thread moderation.I go into the Administration Control Panel and do the following:

ACP> Forum and Posts> Chose the forum or subforum you want to edit> Options> Edit forum > you look for Moderation Options as shown below> click Save Forum.

These are my actual settings for the Guest forum section.

Moderation Options
    Yes, moderate new posts
    Yes, moderate new threads
    Yes, moderate new attachments
    Yes, moderate posts after they've been edited

It is set only for that forum.The rest of my forums does not have this setting.

5. AdminHang

AdminHang Regular Member

Lots of them have what you are looking for. Try Vbulletin. Good software.

6. elinavelly

elinavelly Newcomer

I would like to suggest you Vbulletin software..This is really useful and effective software.