Where do you look/find staff for your forum?

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Kaiser, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Gamrpro

Gamrpro Regular Member

I do both. I do a global announcement on my forum and threads on multiple promotion forums. It takes a while (5 days max) for me.

2. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Ya, or if the user comes to you asking if you're looking for moderators, and then you hire them. There's various ways to find staff for your community, but its always nice when your moderators come from your community, and know what's expected of them.

3. Bluezone777

Bluezone777 Regular Member

I always saw hiring from within as the best method of hiring people but you still have to do your homework and really check people out beforehand. The best way to do this is to go through their posts and see how they respond to things. That way you can gauge their kind of character and what kind of person they are. You can also see their level of interest in your forum and how well they interact with other members. I wouldn't suggest having them look to you for a job but the other way around. If they see you wanting staff then they will just feed you what you want to hear but when you go to them after you checked them out is when you see a honest picture of what they are all about.

Another thing people spend a bit too much time on is how well they can do a job. You can teach a person how to be a good "insert job title here" but you can't teach someone how to be a good person.

Ashley.S. likes this.
  4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I've never done that type of method. Is it pretty effective?