What's your oldest domain name?

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by bauss, Jul 16, 2012.

1. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I don't have any domain names that I owned for over a year, my oldest domain name right now I had for about 4 months. What's your oldest domain name?

2. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Do you mean ever, or that you own at the moment? Because at the moment, the one linked in my signature is my oldest domain name, but I did buy others before this.

3. benjaminp

benjaminp Regular Member

The oldest domain I have at the moment was registered in 2009. Though, similarly to you, most of my domains were registered in less than a year ago.

domains.png

I'll no doubt let a few of my current ones expire this year. Some of them I haven't even pointed to a host yet lol

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Regular Member

May 23, 1996 for data-point.com, which was the original name of Digital Point (was Data Point originally).

5. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

My oldest domain is Virtualpetlist.com it was registered back in 2004.

6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Let's go with either or :)

The oldest one I now own is Sheley.org which I registered in 2006.
    I sold the oldest one I did have from a forum purchase, aliensoup.com was from 2000.
    I had no choice but to sell it, it went to a good home though..lol

7. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

Technically, the oldest chronically bought domain was in 2006, when I bought carlosx360.com which was intended to be a media site. News, reviews, previews, editorials, videos, the like. But there wasn't, and there still isn't a high demand for a customized gaming CMS. The keyword is gaming, here. Not wordpress kind of CMS. A company is currently coming out with a vBulletin-like download service, and is currently in beta. I will launch the site as soon as I get fully accustomed to the service.

Otherwise, CarlosX360 would be among one of the oldest [non-conglomerate] gaming websites next to Dtoid, and other legendary sites like GiantBomb. My company would also have been formed earlier than it has been. A lot of factors would have put my company right in the middle of the game industry, if there weren't these restrictions.

But, alas, I went on a acquisition spree and acquired CODForums, which is now my oldest domain name in my possession. It's the oldest Call of Duty forum domain in existence, since Call of Duty was launched in 2003. CODForums was created a whole month before the first game came out, in fact.