What's Happening in your world? Forum

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Banshee Laughter, Oct 10, 2000.

1. Banshee Laughter

Banshee Laughter Regular Member

Here's an idea that I've seen developed on another forum that worked real well, it was an announcement area. It's to let the other members know what's going on in your world.

Where people can post that they're going to be gone for a week on vacation, it's their birthday, their anniversary, they're getting married, etc. It would be rather nice to have an area set up for that. That way if someone is planning on being gone for a week or so, they could post it and we'd know we didn't scare 'em off! . Plus it's always nice to wish someone a happy Birthday or anniversary.

Just a thought. .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  2. mthrlangl

mthrlangl Regular Member

Um, I think Alien said that he's putting an interactive calendar up on the new version. Like, we can add our b-days and all that good crap .

Alien, are we gonna have to remember to click on the link for the calendar, or will there be a section for it on the main forum page? Sorta like announcements? Because, I know that personally, I'd forget to check it, and I'd prolly wind up missing a AS party or something because of it. Just an idea .

----------------------------
    And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. ~ Rev. 21:4

3. liltaz

liltaz Regular Member

I was going to mention the calendar thing too...the words are there...just no link yet...another thing yet to come...

"No man can be condemed for owning a dog.
    As long as he has a dog, he has a friend;
    and the poorer he gets, the better friend he has."

- Will Rogers

4. Alien

Alien Regular Member

The links to your left will not be completed.

The new site will contain that calendar section. The 'forums table of contents' will be reduced to only content related to the forums directly. All other features will be changed/updated and connected with the new site and the MAIN table of contents.

As for the forum, that may not be a bad idea, let me think about that tonight...

As for the calendar, when clicked, will bring up a fullpage view for the month, and many holidays perhaps birthdays, etc. that are going on. Instead of a link, perhaps we'll show a graphical small-view of the calender, and once clicked will show the large-view?

Umm, if we're going to post things like marriages, holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, that can go on the calendar. However, things like someone going away for a week, or anything that may not be important to the site membership as a whole will likely be posted in the forum you've mentioned.

Let me think it over tonight. .

Alien - Administrator / Owner
    ["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
    rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

5. jadedskies

jadedskies Regular Member

I've come from a forum where they had a similar forum in place (it may well have been the same site) which did work very well. It was more than birthdays, anniversaries, as in cases like when someone's going away, it did prove to be very useful.