What email client do you use?

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by bosconian, May 25, 2013.

1. buysell-browse

buysell-browse Regular Member

alpine (text only) on Linux and UNIX terminals. You won't get any surprises that way and can open up any message without fear.

2. Allan

Allan It's All Good

I use incredimail, been using it since I could remember.

3. Jura

Jura Regular Member

Mozilla Thunderbird with 33mail.

4. Caddyman

Caddyman engiwebmastechanic

AT WORK I ALWAYS USED OUTLOOK, NOW 2010 I THINK.

PERSONAL I USED OUTLOOK FOR A LONG TIME, THEN THUNDERBIRD, NOW I USE GMAIL EXCLUSIVE.

sorry for caps, i was at work and i though xenforo would knock them down like vB

5. Programmers World

Programmers World Regular Member

RoundCube Wemail. I know that it is an online e-mail client, but it's good enough.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Regular Member

My rule of thumb has been always this: avoid using Microsoft Outlook and I remain loyal to this principle.

Yes, I know that is is powerful, the poorly designed interface and the ton of features, many of which I don't need, is what keep me avoiding using it.

I was loyal user of FoxMail, a Chinese software that suddenly stop releasing English versions, but it's still possible download the software and once installed remove the Chinese.lgb file to get it working in English :D

I also liked Calypso, which development was abandoned and took over by other company that renamed it Courier.

All of these were great email clients, in fact they are great still, but I'm not longer using any email client because mostly work over Gmail through my browser and I have found hard times finding an email client capable to manage efficiently multiple Gmail accounts, besides being freeware and auto-configure the settings because set manually Google's settings is really a big hassle.

7. Aditya Kulkarni

Aditya Kulkarni Regular Member

I like Outlook 2013 interface for mails.
    It provides a very useful structure to deal with all kinds of mails, may it be an official or personal one, it is very much impressive.
    The flexibility provided by outlook is just fantastic, which is why I'm following it since outlook 2007.

8. deansaliba

deansaliba Regular Member

Since I first got online back in the late 90s I have used Outlook Express and then when it was replaced by Windows Live Mail I made the move, I'll use Hotmail's/Live Mail's web site if I need to access my emails from a different computer, but apart from that I've never wanted to try any other email clients as the two I've used do exactly what I want. :)

9. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Building Social Communities Since 2004

I haven't used an email client since gmail launched. I can't see a single benefit that outweighs the freedom of being able to access all your email work from anywhere on any machine, including mobile.

I use gmail for work and outlook.com for personal.

10. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Regular Member

Besides freedom to access your email account from anywhere, Gmail has two other main advantages:

1. Considerable amount of free storage space, so certainly you don't need to delete useless emails at all
    2. No inactivity limit

It's supposed that your Gmail account is deactivated after 90 days of inactivity, but I realized that I have accounts created over 4 years ago and I just recently got into them without any trouble.

In Outlook/Hotmail you have always your account deactivated/removed even if you check it on a relatively regular basis.

11. Octer

Octer Regular Member

All the cool kids are using Thunderbird. :) I made the switch quite a few years ago, after they stopped development on Eudora, and never looked back.

12. Giselle

Giselle Regular Member

When I have to, I use Outlook. However I don't like using it. I think Microsoft could design something that looks a little more user friendly. I also think that the software is not as intuitive as it could be. Those two traits make me look elsewhere when I want to send email most of the time. I prefer using Gmail and find that it has a lot of features that help me to be organized.

13. forumside

forumside Regular Member

I am using outlook and gmail

14. gallitin

gallitin Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    I've tried several, but none work quite like I want. I stick with the browser tabs open of my Google Apps accounts. They do the job.

I really really wish there was a solution like Groupwise from Novell that supported Google Apps. When I worked at Novell back in 2007-2008 of course we used internally and really fell in love with it.

15. klimbo123

klimbo123 Regular Member

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
    for i choose gmail it is the best

Last edited: May 8, 2019