what do you LIKE about vBulletin?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by sukagwe, May 22, 2013.

1. sukagwe

sukagwe Regular Member

so here we go again...
    but this time I wont ask "what do you HATE about vBulletin?" I may get the extended banned period because of starting this topic.
    but "what do you LIKE about vBulletin?"

Brandon likes this.
  2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I like most the staff, I generally get a long with everyone with a few exceptions. I know they are just doing a job, I can respect that.

3. sukagwe

sukagwe Regular Member

I'm more than LIKE...
    I LOVE them all...
    I LOVE the vb5c...
    I LOVE the staff...
    I LOVE them till I wanna marry them all...

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Big al likes this.
  4. Big al

Big al Regular Member

5. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Regular Member

I love the replies I get when I try to change my email but I have to remember my favorite book from fraken 8 years ago. I love how they tell me to go to hell when I don't remember even though I am using the email listed and they know who the F*&% I am. NO I will not send you a copy of my license.

Oh sorry, I had one of those moments. *takes pills*

I'm more than LIKE...
    I LOVE them all...
    I LOVE the vb5c...
    I LOVE the staff...
    I LOVE them till I wanna marry them all...

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Brandon likes this.
  6. maksim

maksim Regular Member

And if someone hacked your email and used it to access your VB account, you would be LIVID!.

Whose fault is it that you forgot your security answers. If they are asking you for ID... whats the big deal?

They are giving you an opportunity to get your info... do it.

BirdOPrey5 and Brandon like this.
  7. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Not so much for vBulletin 5, but for older versions I absolutely love the range of custom modifications at vBulletin.org. That's definitely something I kind of miss after converting to Invision Power Board, simply because the vB mods tend to be free and the IPB ones paid.

And, I did think vBulletin 3 was good software for its time if that counts, with vBulletin 4 at least being decent.

Brandon likes this.
  8. Code Monkey

Did I ask a question? If you feel comfortable mailing off photocopies of your drivers license then have at it.

Brandon likes this.
  9. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I absolutely LOVE the fact that IB has thoroughly ruined vbulletin to the point where phpBB looks like a better option and that's saying a lot since I hate phpBB.

10. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

I think that might be a bit far... phpBB and vBulletin 5 are arguably at least equal in terms of features, if not exactly bugs/glitches. Which says a lot about both of them.

11. maksim

maksim Regular Member

Did you have to read my response? You opened yourself up to that one.

Why exactly are you pissed when they try to identify your information when you want to make a big account change?

Stop complaining that a company wants to protect you. Don't like it? Don't have to buy their software.

AS far as your information, I work with Law Enforcement guys all the time, you would not believe the info that is out there.

So if someone hacked your registrar account and now wants to change the ownership or transfer the domain, you would be OK if they did it no questions asked?

BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  12. Code Monkey

"I work with law enforcement guys all the time." That's funny. Are you looking for street cred or something?That means nothing. Looking over many of your posts I see you like to tell people what to think and say. I don't answer to you or anyone about my experiences with IB. If you want to be a forum troll fanboy then I'll just have to ignore you.

13. Iconic

Iconic The Original

I like the forum support team bar the manager.

Brandon and BirdOPrey5 like this.
  14. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    You posted on a forum and you got the right answer.

I love it, you're mad at us you can't remember your own security question. I suppose you'd be OK if we gave your account away to someone who hacked, or even just faked, your email address?

If you want a new security question simply ask for one. Yes you'll need to send ID but only once- then just pick a question you do remember the answer to.

It's not a big deal.

15. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    I like knowing what the V really stands for.

16. Code Monkey

If that was the only reason I was mad at vBulletin then it wouldn't be an issue. There is a massive list of reasons. And there is an ever increasing massive list of people who feel the same way. Eventually it will just be the few fanboys left over there when they shut the doors.

And If you must know I have the answer to the security question written down and am always told it's wrong and that answer always comes from the same person. I still have access to my account and I can download it anytime I want. So it's not like they are heroes protecting me. They just won't let me change the main email using the same email. I don't frequent any other business that doesn't let me change the default email using the default email. Ignore

17. SatGuyScott

SatGuyScott Regular Member

I like vBulletin 4.21 the main issue for me is the CKeditor.

If they would have fixed this when IE 10 started coming out I wouldn't have been bitching all these months... They keep saying its an easy fix so why haven't they fixed it yet? Disabling the editor in IE 10 is NOT a fix.

18. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

Yeah it would be nice to get the ckeditor fixed. I'm tired of having it refuse to put in carriage returns and what not until I hit the compatibility button.

19. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

I like that that forum vB was born out of is still up & running! Not too many forums still online that old.

20. maksim

maksim Regular Member

lol. Dude, you know nothing about me, I can give a shit less about "street cred". I am not an 18 year old here looking to be cool. I am here to offer advice and in turn, learn something.

With every post, I look to add something of value to the conversation.

This thread was about the positive of VB. There are plenty of threads complaining about VB. Go play with yourself there. People like you, who all they do is complain without bringing up a solution to the table are not respected.

My main business is in the financial services business, and my hobbies are firearms, and the second amendment movement... I work with the gun companies, and in turn, LOTS of cops of all sorts, everything form regular cops to homeland security. So... my response was straight to that.

You forgot your security questions, after you wanted to change account ownership.... they are asking you to verify your identity and you are bitching about it?

You can't renew your drivers license with ID, you can't open up a prepaid cell phone without ID. You have no one to complain to except yourself.... or if you do want to troll and look for a pitty party, go post in one of the many "VB sucks" threads on here or the other forums. Yep... this is wtf is wrong with most people and why the quality of forums sucks......

You don't see this stupidity in the Big Boards section of TAZ. Now I will save you the trouble and ignore you. =)

Brandon likes this.