What are your thoughts on the jira voting system

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Brandon, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I for one can't stand the fact that vBulletin makes it's paying customers fill out jira tickets for every bug we bring to their attention.

Why should paying customers do the work of the paid staff?
    I remember a time when a bug would be noticed and staff would take care of everything and the bug would be fixed in the next release.
    Now we're lucky if no new bugs are added with each release, let alone expecting old bugs to be fixed.
    I don't know the number of times I've seen a thread like this.. "I reported this bug a year ago and the fix.. and it's still not fixed"

I think this user said it best..

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/sho...ex-vb-4-1-12?p=2285546&viewfull=1#post2285546

What are your thoughts?
    Should it be up to the customers to report all these bugs only to then try and rally for "votes" in order for it to even get looked at, and then to have staff ignore it and add some stupid "paid addon"...

</rant>

Dan Hutter likes this.
  2. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

JIRA is a joke. You need to be technically adept just to know to use it. I have no interest in learning the ins and outs of it. A majority of people just have no freakin' clue.

The idea of fixing bugs based on votes sounds good at first but what the devs are really saying is we're only going to bother fixing bugs WE CREATED if it's annoying enough people.

I like XF's like system of liking for new features. It's definitely simpler. I have yet to see the XF devs ignore bugs.

Brandon likes this.
  3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    This was the reply from staff to the quote I mentioned above, to the user.

To be honest, I don't think having the date off is what is hurting the OP's SEO but he even proved it to be happening on vbulletin.com..lol
    attachment.jpg

And now it has to be submitted and voted on to get attention.

4. Iconic

Iconic The Original

I don't really like Jira at all, it was very confusing to me when I was new to it and still am a bit confused.

Brandon likes this.