Welcome Dipperdap

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Slack with Me, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Slack with Me

Slack with Me Regular Member

Welcome to the Bash, a loveable time waster filled with pseudo intellectuals and ne'er do wells.

I suggest not drinking the water... I saw Black Mage mixing something up before!

He's a trickster ;)

2. GoingNova

GoingNova Regular Member

FYI - I have changed the settings for new members. You can no longer register and post. You have to register, validate your email. When you validate your email, I get an email telling me to validate the new member. This accomplishes the following:
    1. Email validation - the new user has to enter a VALID EMAIL address. I consider hotmail and yahoo emails INVALID because getting one is too easy, and when you repost abuse it is too difficult for Microsoft and Yahoo to find the person, and 999 out of 1000 nothing ever gets done. Therefore, you can no longer register with HOTMAIL and YAHOO email address. Important notes - a) if you are a current member, and already registered, you are ok, this only applies to new members b) every single person we have banned has had either a Hotmail or Yahoo email address
    2. Validation by me - I now am forced to take notice of every new member, which in turn will allow me to report abuse easier
    Just wanted everyone to we are making every attempt to prevent hacking. ;)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Just read the new rules for new members - great idea! Even if you are a valid new member using Hotmail or Yahoo you should have a "regular" email address as well.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

What's a regular e-mail address?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

It's the adress set up for you when you employ a carrier - I use Charter Communications, so my address is [email protected]. Even though you may use Hotmail predominately, you still have a main address. It's whatever your dial up, DSL or cable carrier is.