Welcome BeginsWithMe.com Family!

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Alien, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Well, here we are at Phase 2 of our site plans...

As you may have noticed, we recently assimilated yet another site into our evil empire.

BeginsWithMe.com's original origin was as Wholycow.com (2003), a holistic health and wellness site. Later, in 2006 it had broadened it's focus onto general health, dating/relationships, hobbies, and such. However, after much discussion we've decided to redouble our efforts on Alien Soup and consolidate some content on these projects which actually would work together under one banner. DoggieBagOnline.com will continue as a separate project.

That leads us to today...

I was able to accomplish moving everything to one place, and separating all the content into appropriate areas. This was a tedious process, and I thank Alyth for her considerable help and support to make this as easy as possible on me.

You will notice a few bugs after this merge, such as some smilies not showing up. We have a bit of work to do on that.

You will also notice that some custom avatars of folks from BeginsWithMe.com may be missing. Please be sure to visit your profile and re-upload your avatar. If you do not have your custom avatar anymore, I do have backups. However, I cannot simply upload them because the avatar_userid#.ext between the two sites do not match up. This is automatically fixed upon re-upload.

2. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Just another note:

Since we did some significant work involving the database, please keep special watch out for bugs and errors around the site. If you detect any problems, please let us know as early as humanly (eww!) possible.

Thanks all.

3. Alyth

Alyth Regular Member

:D *curtsy*

Thank you for all your hard work with the merge and for keeping this site going as long as it has!

4. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

:welcome: welcome everybody!!

5. spidergoolash

spidergoolash Regular Member

:yay: welcome!

6. rosebud

rosebud Regular Member

Welcome to the Soup begins with me.