Welcome BashAnything.com Family!

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Alien, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Greetings, wretched humans. ;)

We are proud to announce that BashAnything.com has now joined together with AlienSoup.com, as one destination. Louis, Jim, & Company did a tremendous job with the BA website. They should be very proud for what they accomplished over the last several years. Our hats are off to them. We know first hand how much work goes into sites like this, as we've been in the business for over 7 years now ourselves. They really worked their butts off, and we hope they'll be visiting here from time to time in any capacity they feel comfortable with.

We sincerely hope that the members of BA decide to stick around with us as well! We've tried to keep things as similar as you remember, while integrating the BA content into our site so things are easy enough to find for both site's "abductees" and "bashers"! You may find that quite a few things are actually very similar to how they were in fact, and we're of course open to suggestions in this area if there's something you miss!

We will be e-mailing the entire membership of BA with details of our new destination. We appreciate all your patience and understanding during this process, which I'm sure for many of you has brought mixed feelings. We hope you find that your enjoyment here grows with time, and the members of BA consider us one day as their new home. Several have stated they already have, and we're very grateful for their support!

Again, if any of you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see here, changes you'd make, or anything at all to make this place even more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact us in the "Soup Station". You'll find the staff here to be quite open to our members, and we welcome everyone's feedback and comments as we move forward...

Regards,
    -Jason

2. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Just a FYI.

I may be tweaking here and there over the next few days, so technically some forum names or locations could change so make sure you take that second look if you don't see something!

3. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Update: If anyone here has a name on both sites, we can merge the two accounts so that all of your post counts are combined, as well as your original join date preserved. We can also take care of any username changes you may wish (if it's available, of course)!

Just let us know if you need anything... I'll get to them as quickly as possible.

4. Alien

Alien Regular Member

...the madness continues...

You may have noticed that we had to actually re-implement the import from scratch. This means that while we fixed the nasty bugs we had, it required us to redo all 5 hours of everything again...

What does this mean to you? Basically we'll need to restart from about 15 hours ago. ;)

Luckily there were only approximately 20 new posts overall, and 2 new threads after we had re-opened this morning:

1 new thread involving how good things looked.
    1 new thread entitled "1973 or 2007".

The rest were replies in the gaming threads (such as word association), and in this particular announcement thread.

It's better this happened very early now, then have the database deteriorate as we went even further. ;)

Hopefully things will stick this time... We apologize for the inconvenience!

5. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Attention 1-2 people who registered on our site during that time

You'll need to re-register again, we are sorry about that!

6. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Be sure to edit your profiles and options in the UserCP area of our site. In particular, you'll probably need to reset many of your avatars if they are not displaying properly...

7. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

man, you totally rock. we can relive 15 hours no problem!

8. Monster

Monster Admin Talk Staff

I added some test posts to the new forums! :)
    (you can delete them if no longer needed)

Alien: How did you import the databases? Do you have any tools?

9. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Hey Monster...

So far so good... I'll see how things flesh out over the next 48 hours.

As for tools, mostly just the "impex" tools from Jelsoft and a few other tricks and treats. ;)

10. rosebud

rosebud Regular Member

If there is a commander from BashAnything it would be nice for him/her to introduce himself/herself to us Soupers.

11. nightwolf

nightwolf Regular Member

I used to be an admin if that's what you mean XD.

12. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Hey guys. :)

If any of you want your old accounts merged with the new (because you had already created an account here before the site merges), make sure you request that in a PM to me and I'll take care of it.

Unfortunately, I lost the 3 (I think one was nightwolf) that had requested it before we had that bug that caused us to redo the entire site merge, so if you could please message me again to remind me! Thanks!

13. Nightwolf04

Nightwolf04 Regular Member

Well I have my nightwolf04 account, if you can just delete the nightwolf account?

14. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Wouldn't you want them combined so that the 32 posts you have are associated properly under that account? :) Once they're merged into Nightwolf04 the old account's posts will be linked to you and "Nightwolf" will be deleted..

Sound good?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks so much!

We're happy to be here!

16. Prox

Prox Regular Member

Man this is a major group probing, but for all you bashanything folks who are new here, and those who are returning as new members, I must probe you all, so bend over and enjoy, it will only hurt a lot :)

Seriously, welcome

17. Monster

Monster Admin Talk Staff

BTW, by setting the forum skin to "Lightspeed II," Alien Soup can be set to display in a light blue theme. This way, the colored posts of the new members from BashAnything are more readable! Plus, it looks much brighter and friendlier then! :)

18. lobo

lobo Guest

BEWARE SPAM

Hey, BashAnuthings! Go to Graffiti wall.
    Let's do some awesome!
    Any opinion is valuable!

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmmm.. tried it, lobo but I only ended up messing up someone else's graffiti! (sorry about that, by the way...:no:) How do you work that thing, anyway?

20. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

that's the point! you can't control where your graffiti goes, and it's pretty much guaranteed yours'll get covered up sooner or later :tongue: