Weird...

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Nick, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I was just checking WOL, and a member who had just created a spam thread (which I promptly deleted) was browsing an odd location:

The location they were is: http://www.adminaddict.net/forum/autotagger_ajax.php?do=gettags&tags_remain=25&forumid=38&userid=747&title=For%20Sale:%20Apple%20Iphone%203gs%2032g%20for%20%E2%82%AC275&existing=

Code:
    [noparse]http://www.adminaddict.net/forum/autotagger_ajax.php?do=gettags&tags_remain=25&forumid=38&userid=747&title=For%20Sale:%20Apple%20Iphone%203gs%2032g%20for%20%E2%82%AC275&existing=[/noparse]
    ... which, if you can't access, is just a text page with the following:
    That's the weirdest thing I've encountered in a while... :speechless:

2. kneel

kneel Regular Member

dude..whats weird is I have seen members browsing thru my vHoist garage with a weird addy like that showin...so i clicked on it and it took me to an invaild page...

how can this happen?

3. Chris

Chris Regular Member

That is quite weird indeed! I'd like to know how such a page can be accessed so easily (and freely).

4. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I used to use Zoints tags and used to get something similar quite a bit.

I suspect they are trying to use some of sort of previous exploit to inject their own tags.

I used to get it happening from a particular IP that would keep changing location so fast it hat to be a compromised computer being controlled. I usually ended up blocking the IP at server level.

5. Ohn03s

Ohn03s Novice

I guess they are trying to exploit the forum system(Like mysql injections). I would personally deny them access by both a ban and the .htaccess file.