Wait, someone brought IPS into this lawsuit too?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by CM30, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

I wouldn't have sold it, man. It's your brand. I see you with that MrGTB username all the time. Namecheap gave you a chance to redeem your name from this slander.
    You don't have to, ya know. Like I said, it's your brand.

I'm buying up some extensions to invest in myself. I learned my mistake 10 years ago, when I had built up a brand as "Nintendo X" only to find out that...

a) Vanity names [across social networks] are already taken.
    b) Domain name was taken. I tried buying and convincing the owners of the .com or .net to sell it to me only. Failed.
    c) Too much confusion because of the above. I can't protect my brand from all the crazy shit that goes on the internet.

I corrected this with CarlosX360 from the get go, and when I introduced it. People wanted to slander it by taking the name on some services. Then they find out it can't be done, they respond "Damn. CarlosX360 is everywhere!" Yeah, bitch, because I learned my lesson!

Dan Hutter likes this.
  2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

It was never my brand, what was I selling? :confused:

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I always thought they were your initials?

4. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

Wow. You have no clue, do ya?

Let me explain something to you: A brand isn't something you sell. A brand is something YOU send a message to the world. When you build a brand, and it's about a product, you're selling an image of that product. When you build your own personal brand, you're selling your entire hm... I'm not exactly saying it like this, but I'm going to put it like this: "Persona."

Two examples I'll make: Stone Cold Steve Austin and Vince Mchanon are brands, but yet personal brands. Stone Cold Steve Austin is this beer drinking, middle fingering mofo that maintains his 'edge' by using bad words, and his antics against an evil, clueless chairman of the WWE. SCSA is the good guy, and Vince is the bad guy, as a story, SCSA and Vince plots against each other each and every week. Both created an interesting storyline for Monday Night Raw. This story catapulted not just SCSA, or Vince, it catapulted the company as a whole. It made the company so much money they could afford bi-yearly video game releases, then turned into yearly game releases. They broke into the movie industry so hard that eventually, the WWE brand attracted many big name celebrities to the RAW program. Now, they're on track to launching their own syndicated television network.

Stone Cold doesn't need to be on RAW every Monday Night anymore. Just make an appearance and make $1 million per episode. You get my drift now?

Now, I'm not saying you can be a millionaire quickly... I'm just saying that a brand is more than just a product that you sell. It's your entire ideal persona to the world.

Brandon Sheley is trying to build his own brand by making his name well known in his area of expertise not just with his username, but across social networks, and his blog. That can be a brand. Brand consistency is essential to success. If you don't believe me, continue down where you're going, and one of these days you're going to get another enemy enough to do exactly what you told us in this thread.

WEfail likes this.
  5. GasMan320

GasMan320 Regular Member

What did I just read. :facepalm:

WEfail and Brandon like this.
  6. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Carlos does make some very valid points GasMan320

"Brand consistency is essential to success."spoken like a pro!

Brandon likes this.