Viglink

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Cerberus, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

So, I had completely forgotten about this honestly, then today I checked my paypal and got a 6 dollar payment from last month. Its the most I have ever gotten. I feel kinda proud LOL

And for those who do not know what Viglink is, they affiliate all links on your site and pay you money when people click them.

Non Ref: http://www.viglink.com

Also, does anyone else use them? And if so what is the most you ever made in a month?

2. BJTheCoder

BJTheCoder Regular Member

I've known about viglink for a while now. Infact, I've almost registered, but talked myself out of it.
    Although, this is not what the topic is about but can you please talk more on it, how it works e.t.c.?

3. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

Well, it is fairly simple. You sign up and then you paste their code into a place on your site that is seen on every page load(header, footer, etc..) . What happens is anytime someone clicks a link to somewhere off the site, if its capable of being affiliated, they do and pay you for those clicks. So basically it makes any off site link an affiliate link if capable and you get paid for it.

4. BJTheCoder

BJTheCoder Regular Member

Got that, thanks.

5. viglink

viglink Regular Member

BJTheCoder -- Anna here w/ VigLink. If I can help with any specific Q's surrounding VigLink, just let us know. We'd love to get you up and running to test things out!

Brandon likes this.
  6. MikeG

MikeG Regular Member

Love Viglink, I use it on my forum. I don't make too much from it, as my forum's niche doesn't lend itself to posting eBay links and the like, but it's still grabbing that money when and if it can.

7. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn Regular Member

I added Forum Runner app to my forum and Viglink is a sponsor that you can integrate with the app. I haven't logged into my stats in awhile but it seems like a no-brainer.

8. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

The key part is that it converts the link -if it can be affiliated.- As in, it'll give you an affiliate link for things like Amazon, Ebay, etc. If you tend to link to a lot of products and people actually want to buy those things, then it's pretty awesome. Don't bother if you aren't really expecting conversions, though.

9. Bryce

Bryce Regular Member

Never heard of Vigilink before. I'll promote it through my sites and see how it goes. Thanks for posting about your experience.

10. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I did really well in Nov and Dec with VigLink. I'm guessing the holiday season. Feb was great because one of my member published an eBook thru Amazon and linked to it from my board.

I'm probably averaging a $1-$3/day now and hey it's found money I'm not complaining. :)

cpvr likes this.
  11. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I make about 2 bucks a month right now with viglinks..lol

12. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Oh man you gotta start dropping links.

Start a "What are you listening to thread" and link to Amazon MP3s that's how I started. You don't nessecarily care if they buy the MP3 you just want to set the cookie. ;)

13. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    ah..

I was making a good money back when I had the vb site setup with viglinks, but it was called Driving Revenue before they merged.

14. die2mrw007

die2mrw007 Regular Member

Nice share buddy :)

15. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Just looked at my stats. I made $10 off of a cookware set. No where on my sites do we talk about cookware or even link out to it. ;)

16. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

Then where did the sale come from? Is it simply because they followed a referral link of yours of some sort and ended up buying another product? Or did you mentioned cookware off your site somewhere?

17. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

So, basically, you just mention a site that's apart of the affiliate link really? I'm quite interested in this because I could make some extra money.

18. benjaminp

benjaminp Regular Member

The Amazon cookie lasts for 24 hours if I remember correctly. So even if they didn't buy what was linked, all their Amazon purchases within the next 24 hours will be counted.

Dan Hutter and Brandon like this.
  19. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Benjamin's got the idea. :)

20. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Thanks, I just implemented it and turned it on through the settings - how long does it take until it starts linking out certain things?

Edit nvm, found it: