Vbulletin refund policy

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by DavidT, Dec 15, 2015.

1. DavidT

DavidT Regular Member

I just wanted to make my experience public.
    I opted for vbulletin after trying the trial version but have been unable to install the vbulletin 5 software. My hosts support team were not able to make it work either and then vbulletin support were also unable.

Amazingly they said in their email that they had seen this problem before! I got the impression that it was quite common. Yet they will not issue a refund!

Potential users should be aware that this situation can occur. Although there will be no problem with the trial version, it is a roll of the dice whether your paid for full version will work at all.

This wouldn’t be a problem of vbulletin took responsibility for it, but they dont.
    They will not refund once you have downloaded, even if, as in my case, their own support staff cant get it to work.

Having asked around since then, it seems clear that as the better developers moved to xenforo it wasnt just the coding that went downhill at vbulletin. If the companies problems are so deep that they will grab small cash in this way, rather than just giving a quick refund then it does not bode well for the future.

With a deteriorating platform, support staff unable to install the software and management that pay no heed to crm or protecting the integrity of their brand reputation, users would be well advised to steer clear!

2. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    There are other stories with the same issue. I do seem to remember one person did get a refund.

DavidT likes this.
  3. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Lurker

First Name:
    David
    I was able to get a refund from vB a few years ago, before vBulletin 5, but right after vBulletin 4's release. I believe it was Steve Machol that threatened to charge some kind of "processing fee" with the refund, but they never actually applied it.

I (as a customer in the US) went to Internet Brands Better Business Bureau website and filed a complaint. It wasn't until then they I got an answer from them that they'd give a refund.
    Here is there summary page:
    http://www.bbb.org/losangelessilico...ng/internet-brands-in-el-segundo-ca-100013870

File a complaint here:
    http://www.bbb.org/losangelessilico...s-in-el-segundo-ca-100013870/file-a-complaint

Considering that they currently have "No rating" with the BBB, maybe they aren't part of that organization anymore.

DavidT likes this.
  4. DavidT

DavidT Regular Member

Thanks for the tip!

5. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Lurker

First Name:
    David
    I'd better provide a screen shot of the conversation.
    Well, it appears that it's a little too big and won't expand to full size unfortunately.

upload_2016-1-12_12-35-52.png