Vbulletin profile area to be replaced with Jomsocial

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Ankit, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Ankit

Ankit Regular Member

I run both Vbulletin and JomSocial on my site - www.gyancentral.com, I plan to replace the Vbulletin user profile with Jomsocial, the reasons for the same are:

1. Jomsocial has much better features as it has social community like feel

2. There are loads of mods which can be done in Jomsocial

3. I have made some mods which allow the user to track his commented threads and subscribed threads

4. I am able to export the Jomsocial avatar to Vbulletin

The only issue I am facing is that now when a user clicks profile area on vbulletin, I want him to be redirected to Jomsocial profile. However I use VBSEO hence it complicates doing the same via HTaccess.

Can someone please suggest ways I can achieve this?

cpvr and Brandon like this.
  2. Ankit

Ankit Regular Member

3. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Are the authentications systems tied together? Does vBulletin login to Joomla and vice versa?

If so, it's probably as simple as replacing the profile link in the vBulletin templates. There has to be a user ID variable you can pull from Joomla via PHP to automatically generate the link.

4. Ankit

Ankit Regular Member

@Dan Hutter - if you check www.gyancentral.com right now there is a single user authentication system (across Joomla, Jomsocial, Vbulletin and PHP Melody, a custom PHP software for videos), I can explain you in further detail about the same, kindly let me know a good time.

5. Ankit

Ankit Regular Member

@Dan Hutter - I tried to implement this solution earlier but the issue of catching the page on the buffer and replacing link on click was proving tricky.