vBulletin Connect 5.0.5

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Big al, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Big al

Big al Regular Member

WOW!! Real progress, now you can be defamed, insulted and banned in other languages as well. :ROFL:

Autopilot likes this.
  2. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Makes no sense eh? After all these years of claiming the title of "World's leading community software" they only have official support for 3 languages. Only the other day a Russian was told a Russian language pack was not going to happen any time soon. To be more honest in their promotions they should have a disclaimer there is not official support for the worlds various languages. It has been suggested and rejected (Many times!!!!!!!!) that they have a group of volunteers working of language packs.

Big al likes this.
  3. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Just posted on VB.org. I do not know the poster, but I know what he/she is talking about. The abject failure of the VB/IB management and support staff.

4. Big al

Big al Regular Member

What a farce VB/IB has become. After posting loads of propaganda crap, outright lying about VB5 on so many levels. protecting unethical staff like BirdOPrey5 and allowing so many staff members to defame and insult genuine VB customers like Paul M does, is it any Wonder that they are losing so many good programmers to other organizations.

I feel sorry for the few remaining staff members who do NOT defame members and are trying to help. But I would suggest that you re-consider your employment options, there are other organizations that actually do the right thing by their customers.

The backlash from disgruntled current and EX customers is now so great it cannot be ignored. When the staff continuously do the wrong thing then loss of paying customers is just one of the inevitable results.

Tell me VB staff guys/gals, what is SO hard in apologizing, setting the record straight and actually working WITH your customers to help VB to once again be great?

Could it be that courage and ethics would be needed and so nothing happens?

Autopilot likes this.
  5. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Have they changed professions from forum software developers to proctologists? :ROFL:

Big al likes this.
  6. Big al

Big al Regular Member

In their case I think it is similar, just different amounts of sxxt to push around.

Autopilot likes this.
  7. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

What ever they are up to they still haven't clued in that the customer is their bread and butter. And the customer is savvy enough to know that the shit sandwich they are offering up is not peanut butter.

8. JoshSmith100

JoshSmith100 Regular Member

What I dont get is why people even bother with VB5, isn't it still technically in beta?Whats wrong with VB3 or 4 anyways?If your looking for a vbulletin license just buy a vb4 license because you can use vb3 and 4.

9. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Um, today, you have to buy vB5 to get vB4 or vB3. You can't buy vB4 directly anymore, unless you are talking about a pre-owned license, which IB doesn't allow transfers for non-European customers anymore. Europeans have to pay a hefty fee to get the license transferred, which basically makes the sale of a pre-owned license useless.

Also, it is probably vB4 that gets IB any sales currently. So I'd say, most people aren't bothering with vB5 and those that do, seem to get quite a rude awakening.

Scott

Big al likes this.
  10. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Among things they failed to do was make it work. Here's a link to a demo that died while adding menu item
    http://97e87f41-7ce5-404a-8760-c2d3b3d95610.sitebuilder.vbulletin.com/ It seems the more they fix, they more they break.

Big al likes this.
  11. GTB

GTB Regular Member

That's what happens when you have Monkeys like Mark.B and Paul.M as staff. :rolleyes:

Big al and Terry like this.
  12. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Um, to be fair to Paul and Mark, I am very sure they had nothing to do with the placement of the spammy stuff in that email. And I am also fairly sure the morale is so low among staff that nobody cares to go above and beyond their duty of just adding the link, as they were told to do so by the real monkeys at IB.

Scott

Lizard King, Brandon and Dan Hutter like this.