vBulletin.com / vBulletin.org Hacked

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by BamaStangGuy, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Interesting comment. if you had nothing to hide you would have no problem with answering valid questions.

I am quite happy to answer your questions regarding Vb things as I have nothing to hide.
    Why are you so fearful of doing the same, especially as you have more "insider" knowledge than I.

2. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Just brilliant, another Gem from Mark B posted on TAZ.

One can only assume he was referring to using VB.

Or was he talking about trying to get a sensible answer to questions from customers?

And MORE:
    OOOO Naughty Scott. How dare you post common sense and explain things clearly. :ROFL:

jmurrayhead and Autopilot like this.
  3. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

A typical method to trolling is to attack the messenger and not the message. So, when hard truths are said, which a troll has no good arguments for, he reverts to being judgmental about the person or how they are saying things, instead of intelligently debating the topic at hand.

Scott

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    jmurrayhead and Autopilot like this.
  4. Big al

Big al Regular Member

So this could be why he saw fit to attack me and call me a troll instead of answering a simple straightforward question?

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Regular Member

Indeed.

The truth hurts.

jmurrayhead, BamaStangGuy and Big al like this.
  6. s.molinari

Yes, and in all fairness, and I don't mean to get personal, but have to in order to say this, but you could also watch out a bit more for what you say and how you say it too. Leave the personal stuff out of discussions, if at all possible. Try not even using the word "you" while posting replies. It is an art form of community management (which I just broke).;)

Scott

Brandon and BamaStangGuy like this.
  7. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I see where *you* are coming from. I have found that if I do not be specific and attribute certain actions to specific people then they do tend to distort them.

Just a note, if some one calls me a Troll unjustly then I do tend to consider this to be a personal insult and I will call that person by their user name or a "You" so there is no mistaking who said it.
    However I have not used any personal information like his surname, or his address etc. only his user name that he posts under.

I have no problem with anyone calling me Big Al or AL on here. and if anything is directed towards me then I feel capable of handling it.

However when VB support staff lie, twist and distort the facts then I will tend to become more specific, so there is no misunderstanding.

The answer for them is quite simple. Set the record straight, do the right thing and I will be pleased to praise them by name or a " You". Indeed I have praised some of them for helping customers but others do not seem to be there to help but for their own ego or other personal needs.

While they continue to insult, ban and denigrate customers then they can expect some truth to be used to expose them. If they do not like it they can always change and do the right thing by their customers and members.

I am a Yorkshire man and proud of it. We tend to call a spade a spade. If the miscreants do not like it then they can always change. The facts will always remain and no amount of twisting or lying by them can alter the facts.

For over seven years now I have been stalked and harassed and lied about by such people. When the Vb support staff protect and support those who do such things, then they have only themselves to blame if I post the truth about them.

I thank you for your honest post and I will bear it in mind.

s.molinari likes this.
  8. s.molinari

Glad you took it the right way.:)

And there isn't a problem using the word you, as long as the comments don't get personal (like calling spades a spade;)). The "no you" rule actually goes like this. If you feel upset, angry or distrought over a post, try writing your reply without the word "you". It helps the post be less attacking and more objective, which is what everyone's aim should be, when posting on a forum or online community.

Scott

jmurrayhead likes this.
  9. Big al

Big al Regular Member

10. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Here is an image for our "friend" who is a Vb staff guy.
    No mention of any sort of yxx. :grouphug: Sorry Scott just could not resist it! :thumbsup:

aimg10.imageshack.us_img10_2986_v5za.jpg

jmurrayhead and s.molinari like this.
  11. s.molinari

aimageshack.us_a_img10_2986_v5za.jpg

It is so true!

Scott

Big al likes this.