vBulletin 4 annouces new downloadable styles...

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by cheat-master30, Mar 1, 2010.

1. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Well at least they're offering alternatives, whether they be temporary or not, to customers. It's better than doing nothing. :shrug:

3. boatswife

boatswife Regular Member

I always appreciate a well made free skin, even if it's just color changes. It's not something I want to do.

4. 3Phase

3Phase Champion

Yeah, these will be handy as a quick collection of codes with at least some of them belonging together. :)

5. boatswife

boatswife Regular Member

Well, I had to ask for them to reconsider my banning. :o I can't download the skins from the forum.
    Hopefully they'll think that my spamming wasn't too bad and will let me back on. I promised that I wouldn't do it again and I really won't.:doh:

6. boatswife

boatswife Regular Member

Yea! My ban has been lifted and I can see! LOL

There are a couple that I don't care for, but they look nice.

7. The Geek

The Geek Novice

First Name:
    Mr. Geek
    Very... unusual colour schemes which I am not a fan of, but I think its great they are offering them up. Saying that... isn't that what .org is for?

2 people like this.
  8. 2dub

2dub Regular Member

My problem with the 4.0 designs I've seen are that they are only color changes, I want to see real new 4.0 new designs. I don't like going from one forum to the next where thy could be the same other than the colors. A real design helps establish the forum's identity.

9. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

I am certainly grateful for the selectable skins.

I can now view vb.com using a skin with more contrast, which makes my viewing the forum much easier. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I'm in a better mood on vb.com because of that. Which presumably will result in more upbeat posts.

It really is difficult looking at the other skin for me*.

* Handy tip # 285637: do not get old. : p

10. boatswife

boatswife Regular Member

I hear ya. When they first come out with the default, I couldn't even look at the forum for more than a few minutes at a time. It hurt my eyes and gave me a killer headache.

I'm looking forward to more than color changes too, but at least these have different color combinations.

11. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I'm not 'old' but I do agree with you. The default skin is hideous and really deterred me. Now I'm using the "Blue and Gold" skin and it does put me in a better mood; I'm more willing to actually peruse the forums, whereas before I tried to stay away as much as possible.

12. tech

tech Regular Member

I think they've made vBulletin.Com look tackier, They arnt good colour combinations imo.

2 people like this.
  13. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I actually like the new default, and can't stand the new color combinations just released. Doesn't anyone there have a copy of Color Schemer?

2 people like this.
  14. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

It may be worthy to note this post, for you licensed vb customers. To me, it seems like Steve is trying hard, and I appreciate that.

vBulletin Community Forum

15. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

They are terrible.

2 people like this.
  16. Adam Green

Adam Green Addict

They should have at least researched good colors that look web 2.0 and not like color schemes from old geocity webpages.

That makes me wonder how their quality standard is. Makes me worry about their future, though.

17. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    No matter what IB does at this point even positive things like offering skins are getting beaten up.

Not picking on you Adam Green but there comes a time when one has to let them be show us they are trying. Believe you me, there is not a lot of love between me and IB but there does become a point where we should be looking at the silver lining and now the sow's ear.

18. Adam Green

Adam Green Addict

After taking a look at the styles you can choose on vbulletin itself, they do look good. Only the navbar background everytime has such a no-fitting color. If you would change just this color alone, all styles would be fine for me.

Usually the dark blue stands for seriousness ... Like the facebook colors or the color of adminaddicts navbar background. I'd like to see a dark blue color scheme, too.

I give that team that they seem to help getting everything together. It's interesting to see some insights from Don Kuramura (content discovery, third party integration of facebook, twitter ...). However that interview was published on foruminsider.com Wonder how their future will be once they ironed out the bugs of the cms.

I wonder more how it would go after they rewrite the forum itself ...

Back to the styles: I like the free ones, but would have thought they would create high quality styles they could sale us.

19. Alfa1

Alfa1 Regular Member

They do not exactly showcase vb4's new design possibilities. But hopefully something more creative will be forthcoming...