vBulletin 3.8.5 License for Sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace and Exchanges' started by SuperBlob, Mar 31, 2010.

1. SuperBlob

SuperBlob Newcomer

Before I get into the nitty gritty, I want to explain why I'm a brand-new member posting a sale in the Marketplace (mainly because I know I'm going to be accused as a scammer, and for good reason). I recently obtained this vBulletin license from a friend of mine who's looking to help my site fundraise. He bought it to run his own site, but eventually closed it down due to lack of time to run it. I don't really want the license myself, so I want to sell it. Hence, I'm here.

So anyway, onto the actual selling. This is a vBulletin 3.8.x (I think they're on .5 now?) owned license. It isn't upgraded to vBulletin 4, so if you want that, you'll probably be better off buying vB4 license (unless you want to pay the $175 extra on this account). The account was purchased in the middle of last year, and won't need to be renewed again until the middle of August of this year. Here's the picture of the member area as proof:

awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_028b83097a47687b299512fff50dd248.png

If you'd like my License Number as proof, feel free to PM me for it. I don't really want to post my MSN publicly, but you can PM me for that, too. Otherwise, feel free to contact me about this through PM on here, or by emailing me at [email protected] (or, obviously, just post in this thread).

Oh, and price! I'm not really aiming for anything in particular, but I was hoping to maybe sell it for around $125? Ultimately, I'll sell it to whoever's willing to pay the most (as if that wasn't obvious). I'm honestly not sure what the price of vBulletins are these days, but I'd rather not go below $100. Alternatively, I may be willing to trade it for an IPB license, depending on renewal dates and whatnot.

Thank you for your time, and if you have any questions for me and/or are interested in purchasing, please don't hesitate to ask!

2. MordyT

MordyT Grand Master

First Name:
    Mordy
    Something for any future buyer to look at (something I wish I would have though of earlier). Go to the site listed in the picture, send a PM to the first user (user id of 1) and verify that he is really selling the license for that site.

3. SuperBlob

SuperBlob Newcomer

That's actually a good idea. I should have recommended that in my first post. To make it easier for anybody looking to buy, here's the link:

Pokemon Turquoise Forums - View Profile: Chronicler

4. Flashgear

Flashgear Newcomer

Done a bit of diggin on there forums, not sure if this guy is the owner, he may well be, but it all checks out.

5. SuperBlob

SuperBlob Newcomer

Like I said, I don't own the forums; my friend gave them to me to sell. He actually told me that he's going to put up a post there saying that he's given me permission to sell them, to save you all the trouble of signing up and PMing him (you're still welcome to, if you're that worried).

EDIT: The deed is done:
    http://pokemonturquoise.net/forums/showthread.php?p=12632#post12632

6. SuperBlob

SuperBlob Newcomer

Can't edit my first post, but I just learned some more about current vB 3.8.x pricing, so I'm dropping the minimum to $50 (the price is still basically negotiable, though).

7. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

I dropped a note over at adminextra, I'd be willing to pay $50 for it as I'm in the market for a license right now. Let me know. :)

8. blingdadotnet

blingdadotnet Newcomer

I can pay 70$. Can you transfer the license first?

9. SuperBlob

SuperBlob Newcomer

No, sorry, I need the payment first (you can always cancel the Paypal payment if I do scam you anyway (which I'm not going to). If something happens and I don't get the payment, there's no way I can get the license back. It's a lot safer for the payment to go through first.

10. pedro84

pedro84 Newcomer

Howdy, can take it for $50, if you're interested, shoot me a PM :) Cheers!

11. blingdadotnet

blingdadotnet Newcomer

Can you PM me the payment information.

12. BlaqHQ

BlaqHQ Newcomer

I will buy the license from the owner directly. Give me the license number and the domain name that the software is licensed to. I need to verify that the license is valid and that it can be transferred and that it is still active, then I need the paypal info for the seller since the license is his and not yours and he needs to confirm in the email that is registered with paypal and the email registered with vbulletin that he is indeed selling the license to me and that he agrees to initiate the transfer buy submitting a support ticket immediately after payment is sent and that he will provide proof of doing so, I already own a license by doing this so I know how this works

13. SuperBlob

SuperBlob Newcomer

I would love to do that, but my friend who has given me the Paypal to sell does not actually own a Paypal account (he bought the vBulletin directly with his credit card). As for the rest, that can be done, but only if you tell me how much you wish to buy it for in advance (there's no point in going through all of that for a lousy offer).

I understand if you're not interested because of these, but please get back to me soon.

14. SuperBlob

SuperBlob Newcomer

Still haven't sold this yet!

I realize I might have been a little (may or may not be an understatement) overzealous concerning the pricing, so if you've already contacted me about the license, were disinterested because of the price, and you're still in the market for it, please contact me again. That goes for any new buyers too. Hoping to make a speedy sale!

15. pedro84

pedro84 Newcomer

How much do you want for this one? I'm interested.

16. SuperBlob

SuperBlob Newcomer

I'm still hoping to maybe sell it for $65-70 if I can manage, but I'm willing to negotiate. Drop me a PM if you're interested!

2 people like this.
  17. bluidkiti

bluidkiti Newcomer

I am interested. Sending you a pm

18. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    I'll give you 70.00 for it if it's still for sale.

19. CFCParadox

CFCParadox Guest

Are you still selling it?

20. SuperBlob

SuperBlob Newcomer

Well, after a few months, I can finally bump this! I had had a buyer before (who I apologize too), but I realized that my friend hadn't given me all the information I needed to transfer the license. Now that I have it, I believe that I can actually sell it now. If you happen to be interested, post here, email me, or shoot me a PM!