UPDATE: July 30th, 2013 It has been over 2 weeks since I posted this communication to the community. I have made several attempts to get in touch with Juan, and have received no response. The only progress has been the removal of the ability to purchase vBSEO at vbseo.com at my request, and a post by a staff member indicating that an "official" announcement may be pending. No such announcement has been made. Due to the lack of any form of response whatsoever, I am now investigating the legal options available for Crawlability's recovery. In the process of investigation, several new developments have come to light. It is now much more clear why vBSEO has been left without adequate support or continued development. I'm communicating with the other companies involved to clarify and resolve. I thank those of you who have expressed your concern and support both privately and publicly. I welcome you to continue providing me with helpful insights and information. I have taken note of all suggestions about how vBSEO may be transitioned or continue its operations. Once this matter is settled, we'll be able to make a final decision about what is next for the company and the software. ### Original Post: Hi Juan, This is an open communication, shared with the community. As you are aware, after receiving your confirmation, I have notified our customers of your intention to shut down vBSEO. See English translation at bottom. Let me start by saying the community is aware of changes in the vBulletin market. These changes do not excuse you from accepting new sales at vbseo.com while refusing to do support or communicate. You also cannot lead the customers to believe that development is ongoing or planned for the future, if you have no intentions of doing so. You have also prevented the company from being sold to others who wanted to actively continue it, most recently with the "Chicago-based group". It has also come to my attention that Brian and Mert had arranged to acquire the company at some point, and that they were apparently informed that it was not legally possible to do a sale. I was never made aware of any such proposal. See Brian's recent comments: Likewise, I was also contacted today by an investor in the forum industry that stated that you have ignored their repeated requests to acquire the company. As a result of you starting several new projects unrelated to vBSEO with Crawlability Inc. resources, neglecting vBSEO, and refusing to take the steps necessary to allow the company to be acquired, you have allowed the company to fall into a position that may be irreparable. I'll remind you that we still have thousands of customers running their forums on pre-vB5 software, where vBSEO is still a part of their SEO positioning. As I have told you repeatedly, I believe that you have neglected vBSEO, misused its resources, and have been ineffective in your role. Your forced removal of me from the company was a great mistake, and was not an action you were legally permitted to take. You have personally acknowledged that I handled management, an area in which you stated you do not "excel". Since you have neglected the community, and have no intentions of continuing it, I demand that you now step down as CEO. Restore access to all accounts, and I will evaluate the state of the company, and decide on how best to either finalize its closing, attempt to restore operations, or prepare vBSEO to be transitioned to a new team that is willing to continue its development and evolution. As your 50/50 co-founder, I hereby notify you that you cannot transfer or share any intellectual property or make any agreements with 3rd parties. If you have done so already, inform me of whom and to what arrangements you have negotiated. I'll communicate with these parties going forward. While I understand you would like to push the blame of vBSEO's decline on vBulletin's market position, nobody prevented you from posting an announcement to customers on vbseo.com. Instead you left customers to post pleas for support and order fulfillment. Changing market conditions do not account for complete absence of leadership or any demonstrated sense of concern for customers. Please send me all account access info, asap. I'll prepare a statement announcing your resignation, which is hereby requested, asap. We can begin communicating privately if you wish. The requirement is that you stay responsive, and be aware that I will be maintaining transparency with the community regarding company status and our plans. Sincerely, Ilia Muriente vBSEO Co-founder UPDATE: Translation of email.