Users receive a non-fair warning: what to do you?

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by cpvr, Feb 28, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Let's say one of your staff member sent out a warning to two users - even though what they were doing wrong shouldn't have required a fair warning, but just a heads up or something.

Has this ever happened to you? What did you do to fix things?

2. Seahunter

Seahunter Regular Member

I suppose it would depend on the level of the infraction. I would tend towards supporting my staff unless the what they did was egregiously unfair to other members or violated any forum rules in and of themselves. In that event, you would have to have a serious discussion with the staff member.

3. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I generally try to talk it out in the mods forum. I only overrule if it's absolutely necessary that's been maybe 3 or 4 times in 5 years.

4. Seahunter

Seahunter Regular Member

I agree with dan's comments. It's like arguing with another teacher in front of the students. The leaders should maintain a united front. Unless the staff is doing something that is obviously wrong.

Dan Hutter likes this.
  5. dojo

dojo Regular Member

I had members being warned unfairly by other mods and sometimes I made mistakes myself. Just say you're sorry and that's it. Not easy to admit you've done something wrong, but apologizing can really solve many problems. If members still like to play the drama queen card, I won't bother anymore. I have said I'm sorry, let's move on now :)

6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I do the same thing that Dan mentioned. I generally let my mods do what they need and try not to micromanage them but if I feel something was done that shouldn't have been, then we'll discuss it in private.

7. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Talk to the moderator who gave the warning, and then reverse the warning if I feel that it was unfair and not needed, but only if a quiet word/PM would have sufficed before an official warning being given out since they should only be dished out on serious rule breaking before the bans kick in.