Two Unique Positions Available

Discussion in 'Marketplace and Exchanges' started by Wayne Luke, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

I am currently looking for two people to help with my vBCodex community. These are currently unpaid positions but will become revenue sharing positions as the community becomes established and generates revenue. Each candidate should be knowledgeable in vBulletin and its basic functions in creating content, moderation and the structure of the software. Each applicant should have their own vBulletin community running. Though they don't need to be an expert in the software. Applicants should be enthusiastic about social media and social networking as well as the vBulletin software. Applicants need to be able to read and write English with a proficient level of competency.

The Positions
    Promoter: This is the first position. I need someone to promote the website and work to direct users to the site for registration purposes. This should be done without spamming or violating website rules. The individual should be outgoing and charismatic while being able to interact well with others. The primary responsibilities will be to help build links to the site, welcome new users and promote the site using social media.

User Design: This is the second position. You need to be knowledgeable of current Web Based user design standards, how to implement them using CSS and XHTML and able to pass that knowledge on to others. You should have a passing knowledge of the Vista UX guidelines created by Microsoft. Your primary responsibilities will be answering user interface questions, posit questions on how things should work and present solutions.

Secondary responsibilities for both positions would be to help users, moderation of the site, forward any questions to me that you can't answer and submit brief articles and tutorials to the site for publication.

If interested in either position, please PM me here with the position you're interested in, a link to your vBulletin site and any other relevant information including community experience.

Revenue Sharing
    60% of the direct revenue generated from the site (advertising, affiliate programs, premium subscriptions) and 15% of non-direct revenue through services will be placed in a pool that will be divided among all staff. There would be three staff besides myself at this time. Revenue at this time is $0.00 dollars per month but I will be looking to change that soon.

Thank you for your time.

2. Wayne Luke

A little clarification - Knowledge of the Vista UX is needed because this is the basis for the vBulletin 4 style. It doesn't mean you have to use a Windows Computer.

Vista UX Guidelines section

3. 3Phase

3Phase Champion

Just a clarification (from the finance weenie.)

Revenue? Or profit? That is, 60% of what's left after costs are met?

To us finance types 'revenue' means all money paid into the bank from customers (restricted to the customer sources you mention, such as advertising.) Before any costs are subtracted. Sorry if this is confusing, or if this is already commonly understood among internet forums. Is that what you intended to apply the %'s to? Thanks!

4. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Wayne, I'd be interested in the promoter position. Do you have an idea of the hours required for these positions in your mind? Just trying to gauge that I can commit to "X" amount of hours or meet/exceed other goals that you have in mind for the position(s).

5. Wayne Luke

I meant gross revenue, not net profit.

I don't have set hours in mind. Drop me a PM and we can talk about it.

6. sportwiz628

sportwiz628 Adept

First Name:
    Scott
    Wayne I have interested in the Promoter position.

I'll send you a PM.

7. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    What an awesome offer. Let me ask though, what qualifications are you asking for? I am more than familiar with popular and upcoming social media, vBulletin, and the like. It would be no problem for me to present my accomplishments, but if you're looking for anything in specific please let me know.

8. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

The qualifications that he expects are in the first post. :)

9. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    Ahh, I asked the question incorrectly, meant to put an emphasis on what type of information he was looking for as far as those qualifications. I suppose I can just send everything that I've been a part of.