TV Show Forums

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Nick, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I've seen plenty of forums for TV shows, but I've never thoroughly browsed one, nor am I a member of one... but I've always been curious: What happens when the TV show goes off the air? Or is canceled prematurely? Does the community die, or does the fan-base stick around for years to keep discussing old episodes?

What's your take on forums for TV shows?

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Does anime count?

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Sure! :) Any series that airs on TV. :cool:

4. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

At least my forum, people like different anime for different reasons. Most chose the genre.

I'm a picky anime watcher! I watch school life, gory, thriller/suspense, mystery, comedy, action and fantasy. If one show ends for them (I think Bleach is going to end soon if they don't stop the damned filler episodes T___T) they will be picky about the nest one, usually anime watchers just find another anime with a catchy plot or same genre.

For example: Those who loved The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya will be entertained with Ouran High School Host club and so on. The members will rate the anime they've watched and make a discussion about it, what they liked, they did not liked and what they would like changed. Fan art such as fanfictions, illustrations are all outcomes of these "favorite" series.

Series ending=discussion of how they liked it=forum active with people giving opinions.

5. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    im a member of a forum for a tv show...it is quiet when the show is not on, but we have enough other things to talk about to keep the forum getting posts, cause some of the members have been there for years, made friends.........although there is a lot of trolling and arguing on there

6. Yoshi

Yoshi Regular Member

I regularly feel like starting a forum for a show that ended in 1996 :unhunh:

I really would like to but yeah, would be kinda silly I guess :rofl:

7. crash1987

crash1987 Regular Member

I use to own a TV based forum. I had planned to keep the forum running if the show when off the air, I had episode clips that could be downloaded so that would have been one way to keep the site from completely dropping dead. But I ended up selling that forum (one of my biggest regrets to date).