Three nice looking vb5 sites

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Lee G, May 16, 2014.

1. Wonko

Wonko Regular Member

First Name:
    Stuart
    Have you actually closed your account at the "other place" ? must admit I am no fan for many reasons (wont post as I know the "management" come here) and have been thinking I might just not bother visiting at all.

2. Jack Rouse

Jack Rouse Regular Member

Not closed the account, just don't post anymore, I could put up with some of the slanging matches, but what I hated was the "holier than thou" attitude of some Admins and members on there.
    I found that opinions aren't respected as much as they are on here, my expertise may not be coding, but I am picking up HTML quite well.

What I do have is experience from a non techie users view, which is something all coders tend to overlook.

AWS likes this.
  3. Wonko

Wonko Regular Member

First Name:
    Stuart
    Have have the same feelings regarding the "holier than thou" attitude as well as the heavy censorship/moderation we are after all grown ups but sometimes it feels like we are treated like toddlers, I have not had any issues personally but have seen it quite a few times and do not like it.
    I agree with coders not taking account of usability, and not providing support is the other bug bear for me although I can highly recommend Snog for xenforo plugins and his support is very good.

AWS likes this.
  4. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Interesting. vB5 does let you copy and paste from other sites, but not from your own computer. Whereas, XF is the other way around. You can copy and paste from your own computer, but not from other sites. You can also drag and drop an image from your computer in XF. To add an image from an external site in XF, you have to copy the image's URL and use the image insert button.

Scott

5. Lee G

Lee G Regular Member

First Name:
    Lee
    I have no problem using copy and paste from other sites
    Using quote on xf took a bit of testing. Found you cant past between the quote tags, you have to push enter and drop the ending quote tags

6. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Well, I think they both should do both. Copy and paste from anywhere basically.

As for quoting in XF. I'm not sure if the same, but I've also found strange things happening, when I delete parts of a quote. It deletes the whole quote sometimes. That is frustrating, but I haven't yet gotten it down to where I can always make the issue occur to report it.

Scott