Thoughts on CometChat - Facebook like Chat

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Brandon, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    There is this pretty slick "facebook like" chat bar we could add to our forum. You can see a demo on their website, it's http://www.cometchat.com/

What are your thoughts on this, for those who have used it, what did you think about it? Did you like it?

2. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

I don't like any of those chat bars. Besides slowing down a site they are usually pretty annoying.

I was thinking about getting something like it but for live help for the new site...but they bother me so much I don't think i will haha

3. Panache

Panache Regular Member

That's a fun idea- it would be best is users had the option of signing in or out of the chat if they do not want to chat at that time, though

4. rosebud

rosebud Regular Member

In order for chat to work you need some hosts who are willing to moderate the chat room plus scheduling a game or a discussion. This way not only will people be able to chat with each other but they would also have some fun when a game or discussion is going on.

5. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

Well he is talking about a facebook like chat. So it is more one to one then a group chat.