This Anonymous posting is bull...

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Bryce, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Bryce

Bryce Regular Member

I think this anonymous posting crap is just pure bullshit. I like to see who wrote what, not leave me guessing who wrote it. I can't really explain why I hate it, I just do. Which probably isn't enough reason to remove it, but what are your opinions on it?

And whoever is going around making posts anonymous, show yourself, you're just using this crap to keep yourself clean. Stop being scared to post your opinions and show yourself.

Yes, I suck at these things, but what are your thoughts on this?

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Some people will hate it, some people will like it, there is no way to satisfy. Some people suggested it because they could rant their hearts out with out knowing who they are, others ask for advice on their sites and don't want to post their identity for who knows what reason.

It's been useful to some, others dread it, but isn't that life?

3. tech

tech Regular Member

Depends in which context your using the 'Anonymous' posting as...

I find it fun if the topic is fun, if people are commenting and being jerks or w/e then i think they should post normal..

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

The point of the Anonymous posting is to allow users to conceal their identities when discussing sensitive topics, within which they would like to remain anonymous. Some people would normally not say anything, but with the Anonymous tool, we give them a medium to privately express their opinion.

If you encounter any violations of the anonymous posting tool (i.e., its use just for the fun of it, or to make inappropriate remarks), please report them.

The tool is not going to be removed at this time. If you don't like it, don't use it. As for not liking others' use of it: well, that's not our issue.

5. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

You should have probably made this post anonymously. Just for the irony of it. ;)

6. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    That's exactly what I was thinking. :D

I can see reasons to post anonymously. Why should it offend you so much that a person chooses to?

7. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Curiosity really kill people, Chani.

8. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    I thought curiosity killed the cat. :D

Eh, people just need to accept that they don't need to know every detail about other people.

If it is such an offense to post with "Anonymous" next to your post, then people should not be allowed to use "handles" (usernames) other than their real names, either.

No difference.

9. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

I can see where it could cause problems, and could actually be fun in a few ways.

For the moment I'd say keep it.

If the topic matter is of truly sensitive nature then possibly a solution is to send posts to Nick to start up a thread if the Anonymous feature goes away. But on the other hand Nick probably like things running without his getting involved long term.

10. Ak Worm

Ak Worm Grand Master

First Name:
    Corey
    Its like going to church and confessing to the father.:giggle:
    Seriously is, isnt it?