The Show Goes On...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Blake, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Blake

Blake Regular Member

Hello, everyone.

I stumbled across AdminBB while looking for something else. Or some place else, more accurately. But I think I'm glad I found it. I sometimes have an itch to start up a new site. When I do I immerse myself in a couple of admin forums. And the itch started back up this week. I might want to try and revive an idea I tinkered with a year or so ago. But if I started a forum for every itch I've had I'd be broke from all the domain names I'd need.

But I have a different forum I've been running since 2003 that focuses on high school sports in my home state. I've grown it from a whim of an idea into something that took lots of time. I used phpBB and IPB at first, but then moved it to a sports network that uses a proprietary forum software. And I miss IPB dearly.

My preferences in software is IPB or MyBB for a free site, but I'm intrigued by XF these days as well. But this is the first site I've really spent any time on that uses it (and it's only been a day so far).

I'm intrigued by AdminBB and how it grew so quickly. Great job by Kaiser and team. I hope to stick around and learn a little while contributing as well. Seems to be full of friendly people already.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kaiser likes this.
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Hey Blake! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. Its a pleasure having you around. Thanks for the compliments, I try my best on doing a good job here on AdminBB. As for XenForo, its a great piece of software.

Anyways welcome to AdminBB, and enjoy your time here :grouphug:

3. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Welcome to AdminBB Blake, glad that you could join us, and I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

4. Se7eN

Se7eN Regular Member

Welcome to the AdminBB forums, Blake! You'll for sure love it! Anyways, have fun and enjoy your stay! :thumbsup:

5. Fiona1964

Fiona1964 Regular Member

Hi and welcome Blake nice to see you here

6. Blake

Blake Regular Member

Glad to be here. Many warm welcomes from everyone.

Ashley.S. and Kaiser like this.
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Hey Blake, good to have you here.