The most perferable way?

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by Wrecks, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Wrecks

Wrecks Regular Member

What to you in your opinion when it comes to earning revenue for your site, is the best way to do it?

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Using Ad providers, and also selling your own ad spots I would say.

3. Azure

Azure Regular Member

At this point my website is not large enough to offer premium services but it will certainly be an option in the future as it grows. So premium membership is something that should be considered as an option. I myself don't like ads, especially not on the forum but I will have to put some up on the main site, the bills need to be paid after all. So far I have spent about $400 on the website. I encourage members that can, to donate. I was very surprised by the generosity of some people. My website targets an age group of 14-24, most of which are still going to school. They mostly don't work, and if they do, they're working hard to pay their college tuition. However, it has still proven to be effective. I was very surprised one day to open my e-mail to see that I had received $100 from one person who has told me that he plans on donating again, at the same if not more amount as the last donation. You can never go wrong with a donation option, there is nothing to lose. However, if you don't get any donations, don't get down. I didn't get any at all for the first two months.