The front page?

Discussion in 'IP.Board Discussions' started by itgl72, Jan 12, 2013.

1. itgl72

itgl72 Regular Member

First Name:
    Geo
    We're in the process of updating our website from joomla to ipb and are nearly done with the migration. It's an adult gaming community, so we're looking for a clean, mainly CSS theme. I see several that may work. My concern? Finding a FRONT PAGE? I guess you call it a portal. In joomla when I bought a theme it came with a front page design as well, but it seems many themes for ipb are mainly for the forum, blog, articles, etc. I assume most if not all of the templates do not come with a front page we can use? Are we limited mainly to having to create our own?

2. bucket

bucket Addict

welcome to AdminAddict

do you want the front page to dynamically pull info from the forum to show on the front page? like new topics, most popular topics, etc.

If it will be static, you can just have a nice webpage with links to the forum and other places. that should be easy to have made.

3. itgl72

itgl72 Regular Member

First Name:
    Geo
    Yes, it will have sidebars, with database driven content. I'll need to dust off my old css skillset and try to make something to match what I may have in mind it seams.

4. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Take a look at http://www.adminaddict.net/resources/index.html That is powered by IP.Content. It is 1 or 3 layouts that come standard. There is also a portal page included that pulls content out of the forums. IP.Content really is a powerful CMS and doesn't take a whole lot to get the content up you want.

5. itgl72

itgl72 Regular Member

First Name:
    Geo
    I am running IP CONTENT, have it set as our front page index and I have some sort of a front page working, but, its not pretty, although I find myself rather able to piece things together with documentation, I havent found the documentation from IPS in some categories very easy to follow. I know lately my time has been much more tight then it used to be but many times I would just "tinker" and figure things out, where as now I am depending more on "docs" to go through this. Thanks for information, I'll continue to work on it.