The Burning Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by AWS, May 13, 2012.

1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well it must be frustrating as hell for people like John, him having invested money into a skin site for XenForo. Then when asking questions wanting to know answers from people he considers being personal friends to base business decisions on, only to find yourself being ignored. It's one thing wanting to know something from a user point of view, another when you're making a livelihood out of it and need to know the script. I also saw Floren before, well a while back tweeting Kier asking if they'd post an update on the forums. Another person who considers himself a personal friend of KAM, yet found himself getting ignored. Pretty obvious it doesn't matter who you are now, you'll get told nothing.

You can argue that's their choice to make, and it is really. Friendship and business don't mix well together at times, not when you try and use friendship to get answers they might not be willing to give out. KAM should count themselves lucky they still have the strong member support they do have, I would have expected things to have gotten far worse by now. But things have not and I'm a little surprised by that considering it appears to have gone back to before after 1.1.3 was released, not that anything even changed prior to that release. A lot of that is down to people still not seeing a viable alternative to XenForo for using I feel, they dislike vBulletin 4 and there's nothing else out there to replace it for most XF customers. Fortunate they are in that position, because they still commit business suicide for me with lack of information and what not. But think most XF users think they've nowhere else to turn towards.

If things remain the same way by the time "vBulletin 5" arrives, if that's any good of course? Then you might see a mass move away from XenForo pretty fast because something new is on the table. Depends how good vB5 is?

2. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I've pretty much said all I can say on XenForo and the current troubles.

The guys are not people I wish any ill feeling to whatsoever. I hoped, and still do hope, that someday XenForo can make them into millionaires.

Whatever the current issues are, I just want them to sort them out and move on so they can take XF to the next level. I've decided it's not for my site but that's no criticism of the actual product, which is superb, it's the behind-the-scenes stuff which forced my decision, coupled of course with vBulletin's recent resurgence.

3. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well just to put the record straight on my own part also, after this I'm done with this thread. XenForo is great product with a bright future if they can get over the court case thing and move onwards like before. I really hope they do, even though I recently sold both vB and XF licences on. I still stand by what I've said previously, that XenForo would be my first choice out there for using right now.

4. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Well that's a bit boring, aren't we all going to post endless page after page of rampant and frankly mostly incorrect speculation?

Damn, that's my evening's entertainment scuppered.

5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Well it's high time they was left alone really, don't you think? After all, I don't use XenForo now, and you said you've no intentions of using it either anymore. So just let them be and get on with things. Why should it interest you or me what goes on there now, and this thread ran it's course weeks ago.

Feel free to bang on on your tin drum more, if you want to Mark. Just saying I'm done with it myself.

6. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Eh? Who bumped this thread? Oh yes, IT WAS YOU. So it's your tin drum sir, If you don't want to bang it don't keep bringing it out.

7. steven s

steven s Regular Member

First Name:
    Steven
    Is there any mention of 2.1 anymore or are those posts deleted?
    Maybe an unwritten rule, don't mention 2.1?

FWIW, I told my car club http://bmwcca.org/forum not to bother renewing until we know what's going on.
    Rather spend the money on pizza of the staff. :)

2 people like this.
  8. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Good choice. Pizza and beer is the way to go.

9. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Just make sure it's pepperoni

2 people like this.