The biggest community in your niche

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by cpvr, Oct 18, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Sometimes I wonder how my forum would be if my competitors actually had an impact on the community like we do. I'm not bragging, but hard work goes a long way and they always lacked that, they just wanted to see if they could compete against my community.

But anyways, do you have the biggest community in your niche or do you have a few competitors?I know the admin community and gaming forums have a lot of competitors, do you feel that has an impact on your community or not?

Basically, I believe in, don't worry about your competitors and just focus on making your community better. How about you though?

2. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

I do and I'll be lucky to come close to my competitor.

3. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

What's the stats like between your forum and theirs?

4. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

The difference of 11,217,340 posts, 74,427 members, and 287,631 threads.

5. petertdavis

petertdavis Old Timer

Some of mine are, some are not. Some, it depends on how you count the niche. For example, my MassCops.com forum has no competition if you count the niche as being law enforcement professionals in Massachusetts. But, if you look at the niche as law enforcement forums generally, there are at least two others that are bigger, This one, and this one, for example. And this one if you just count how many members they have. And, this one but I suspect it's more regular people who like to talk about police shows or pretend they're real cops.

6. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

www.codforums.com is my biggest thus far. It has a lot of competition and it needs to pivot in order to compete directly against those competitors. And by pivot, is by getting a good skin for the site.

www.everythinghalo.com will be my next biggest. It too has a lot of competition, and it has a solid foundation that I can work off on, and go from there.

7. SatGuyScott

SatGuyScott Regular Member

My only competition is DBSTalk.COM and I blow them away in every aspect. (I helped start DBSTalk and was there for 3 years before the owner got upset that everyone was calling his site Scott's DBSTalk and one day I went to login and I was locked out, so along came SatelliteGuys.)

Here are some stats -

US -------------------------------- THEM
    Members: 180,538 --------------97,719
    Threads: 267,875 ----------------195,105
    Posts 2,939,141 -------------------2,970,929

Remember they are 3 years older then us as well.

I enjoy competition though and it keeps me aiming to remain #1. :)