The ability to buy a subscription as a gift-

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Tom, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Like a competing forum, they offer the ability to buy a premium subscription as a gift to another member.

I wanted to buy a premium membership for someone here, but it's not available. Thus, I am here requesting that idea - the ability to buy paid subscriptions as gifts.

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

This is nice, but some users may not be interested in being part of the "Premium Members" group - they want their account to appear normal.

For them, I have just added a new "Donate" link on the Paid Subscriptions page that also allows users to enter custom donation amounts.

If you'd like to purchase a Paid Subscription for another user, feel free to make the Paid Subscription through your account and then PM me that you want it to go towards another user's account. I will then PM and ask them if they are interested, and if so, I'll change their group. If not, then I will apply it to your account and add it to the length of your subscription.

3. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Oh, like I did with MomCafe, right?

I just thought this would be nice during the time of the holidays.

4. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

That is a pretty smart way of handling it Nick. : )

5. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

It was a nice gesture tom. Though I stated my reasons why I declined it is appreciated. Though donating to adminaddict would be a nice gesture. Afterall, Nick does a wonderful job here creating a site which is beneficial to all. ;)

Anyway, can I insert a potentially witty comment in now?

6. Tom

Tom Regular Member

No, no, that's not why I originally suggested the idea. Like I said, I just thought it would be cool during the Holiday seasons. But I also like the alternative approach Nick took.

And that's a good thing to being a premium member - ability to have a custom title.