Suggestion

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Zero-One, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Zero-One

Zero-One Regular Member

What about a medal/awards system?

I've got one on my forums and it's pretty fun. I'm not sure if you have one already but I;ve not seen it around if you have.

This is the one I use http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61108 which I find easier to install and much better than the rest.

2. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

we have medals - you have one already, under your custom text (under the "H" in "Howdy")

3. psi

psi Regular Member

so you mean I got me some medals for posting 1100 + messages of boring you all???? :dizzy: :blah:

seriously though are they given by number of posts AND/OR time as member?

4. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

In their current format, strictly by number of posts.

5. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Yes, purely by number of posts.

As for medals or individual awards and stuff we'd be quite happy to add this feature if people were interested in it. Works quite well on other forums I have so I'm familiar on how to set it up if there's interest. We could have veteran icons, etc.

Right now we use similiar scriping to display "awards" such as for our folding@home team members, our site contributors/donators, etc. Was there a specific icon you might have wanted in your posts?

6. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

veteran! :lol: that's me

7. psi

psi Regular Member

I think it would be a nice gesture to past moderators to have medal below indicating they served once.

I guess now that I think about it you can go ahead and put the ones that were intended for me there. The reason behind me having you NOT put it was how easily to find someone's post from signatures alone when I speed read forum during lab time I skipped over my own since I lacked them. Oh and also one caveat that you and I both know why not to. But I guess you probably should post them, it wouldn't hurt I guess.

8. Zero-One

Zero-One Regular Member

You could have medals for pretty much anything you wanted, post wise, most arcade highest scores, random funny ones.

This is what I meant by medals, not rank icons like you were referring to psi. The pic is from my site with it installed and there's my medal :D:

Attached Files:

9. I Love Liam

I Love Liam Regular Member

heres my medals from zero - one's forums - as more examples

Attached Files:

10. Zero-One

Zero-One Regular Member

That last one should be "Defender of Worlds"

11. psi

psi Regular Member

actually my last post (#7) in this thread sounded like I didn't propose who I was talking to. Actually Alien that post was for you, forgot to put in quotes. I figured you could go ahead and post them now.
    Actually Zero I was referring to Alien about the ones below in signature area.

But yeah add a medal for like a "qualitative posting award" or "regularly consistent poster award" or some slighty funny ones like "forum idiot award" or "ladies man award" or "comic relief award".