Subscribe to a thread?

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by CaptKirk, Jul 24, 2000.

1. CaptKirk

CaptKirk Regular Member

I thought I remembered having an option to subscribe to a thread so the board would mail you when the thread changed. I realize the aliensoup mail is down, but I can't find that option and I haven't been able to find it for a while- did it leave us?? Am I just stupid and blind??

----------------------------
    Scotty, the native aliens here ARE friendly...

2. possum37

possum37 Regular Member

Hmmm...I know when you *start* a thread, it gives you the option of receiving new posts as Emails...good question, I'm interested in knowing, too...

CaptKirk - man, you ask good questions. And you beat the crap out of Klingons, too - how cool is *that*? .

My knob tastes funny.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  3. liltaz

liltaz Regular Member

I think you're right about that...I've seen it somewhere else...

A conservative is a liberal who's been mugged.

4. CaptKirk

CaptKirk Regular Member

I'm wondering if it got lost in all the upgrades because I KNOW I used it before, but I have not seen the option for a while. Many times I have said to my self- "That sure would be handy. Gotta try to find and enable that feature. Fool, are you talking to your self AGAIN?!?? Yes, but I'm the only one with whom I can hold an intelligent conversation! I find THAT hard to believe" I can be such a butt to myself sometimes... .

5. possum37

possum37 Regular Member

My knob tastes funny.

6. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

No, it's only there for those who start a thread. If you're replying to a thread, you do not have the option of Email Notification.

I agree that it should be an option even for replies.

I am Jack's raging inner child. Without me, Jack has to deal with the pitfalls of reality.

7. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Hiya,

I see recently FuseTalk added it (Subscribing to a thread), but currently it is not part of this software unfortunatly.. Perhaps in 6.0 coming out in the next 1-2 months.

I think notification on every thread message might overwelm things, it would be interesting to get an occasional update every day or two though using the digest feature perhaps...

This kind of functioning is beyond my coding ability to 'create' myself, but I'll keep an eye out if anyone hacks it. .

As for e-mail notification, I'll check, but I think it's only for the post originator. I agree that should be changed.

Alien - Administrator / Owner
    ["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
    rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

8. CaptKirk

CaptKirk Regular Member

A notify to anyone on any thread is what I was tlaking about. It would be cool if it happened real-time, but I still worry about what kind of bandwidth it would take on your servers... Thanks for the response, Alien.

9. CaptKirk

CaptKirk Regular Member

Duh-
    I see it now on a new Post- told you I was blind. It would be nice if you could go back and turn on email notification AFTER the fact (in case you forget). It would be really nice to be able to get notification on any thread, but would we overwhelm the poor Alien mail system?? I guess only the main man can tell us, the Big Giant Head himself... Alien, what do you think?

<font color="#000000">[Edited by CaptKirk on July 26, 2000 (edited 1 time)]</font>