SQL Program?

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Chani, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    I was just curious if anyone else had a standalone SQL program (or package).

I personally really hate the limitations of phpMyAdmin, and haven't touched it since I bought the SQLMaestro for MySQL last year.

SQLMaestro for MySQL has some pretty neat extras like a Visual Query Builder. It also loads each table in its own tab, so you can quickly switch from table to table with ease.

Not only that, but the information is very easy to read, and the program is very well laid out.

Anyone else dislike phpMyAdmin?

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

o.o I learned how to work with phpMyAdmin a bit, but I'm still stupid when it comes to MySQL.

3. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Ive only ever used phpmyadmin as well as some software on my PC for managing databases called EMS MySQL Manager. As for disliking phpmyadmin, I dont mind it at all.

4. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    I've always been frustrated with phpMyAdmin, but then at the time I thought it was basically the only way to go.

The package I bought from SQL Maestro is really warranted only if you plan on working with MySQL a lot (which I do), but it truly makes life a whole lot easier.

Again, if you only plan on working with SQL every once in a while, like on just a couple of sites, then phpMyAdmin is...okay. But if you plan on building your own databases, I highly suggest purchasing a different application. :)

5. David

David Regular Member

Link to SQL Maestro please!

6. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani