Something Interesting

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by AWS, May 28, 2012.

1. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Since I converted http://windows2008forum.com back to IPB from xenforo I have noticed an interesting phenomenon. The site is now starting to convert the Twitter and Facebook people that venture in when a post is sent to Twitter and Facebook. Not only are these people joining, but, they are actually participating in the discussions. In fact one of them was recently promoted to moderator because of his expertise and helpful posts.

I have always said that twitter and Facebook are great for driving people to a site. However, they never converted to return visitors or joined a community. What I am seeing is going against all this. I have done nothing different than I did on any other site I run. This site is just converting these visitors to users that participate in the discussions.

I am also seeing this same thing on my computer help site although on a smaller scale. That site still gets the majority of new users through the standard registration form.

Is anyone else seeing this?

2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Must admit I've always thought the Facebook and Twitter options do little in getting you forum members from those social networking sites. But if it's working for you on another forum, your doing well.