SLOW SOUP

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by liltaz, Aug 23, 2000.

1. liltaz

liltaz Regular Member

Right now, and for the last 45 minutes or so, Soup's been unbelievably slow.

I'll try later in the day, but I don't have the patience to wait 3+ minutes for EACH PAGE to load.

----------------------------
    "If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience."

- Woodrow Wilson

2. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

I have a feeling that there is something on these pages that is very bandwidth intensive.
    At work, where I have access to a dedicated T1 that's only being used by 4 other workstations, the entire site is incredibly responsive.
    At home, where my phone lines are so screwed up that I can only get 28.8 connections, the site is almost unusuable.

On an long enough timeline, everyone's survival rate drops to zero.

3. JHowse

JHowse Regular Member

I usually get good response at both work and home. At work we have a crappy T1 that is more like a 128k line....if even that. At home, I have a 56k that gets almost 51k download speed.

4. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Hmm, must be something odd going on.. I get quick connections on cablemodem & dialup both.. Occasionally things are slow of course depending on several variables, but quick is the norm for me...

Hmmm, please keep me up on whether or not it improves...

Perhaps try copy/pasting me some ping times to aliensoup.com and some traceroutes if you could!

Alien - Administrator / Owner
    ["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
    rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

5. liltaz

liltaz Regular Member

Yeah..at home forget it! It's impossible. I wait YEARS for each page. That's why you never see me on weekends.

But today at work on this big boy T1 (3?) line it was impossible to get each page to load. Now it's a bit better.

"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience."

- Woodrow Wilson