Site issues ?

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Paul M, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Not sure if anyone else is having this - but so far Ive had a few issues with the loading times here (even while I was registering).

Pages sometimes take 20 seconds or more to load, and a few times ive got a page not found error. Its not all the time, but certainly slow about 50% of the time - are you having some issues atm.

Its not affecting any other forums I visit so Im pretty sure its not something this end.

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Wow, 20+ seconds? That certainly is odd.

I haven't experienced a single issue since we moved servers, and that was over a week ago. The only thing we have confirmed is that there is a lag in image loading, because we moved from .com to .net when we moved servers, and the .com images are still being called, but there is lag because they are redirected to the .net images. That's the only issue, but it only causes a second or two of lag - not twenty.

I have no clue what this could be, or where to start looking to diagnose this issue.

3. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Paul - I personally haven't experienced any "slow" loading speed(s), but I'll certainly look into it. There have been a few minor server-related issues today, which could indeed be causing this lag on your end.

I'll get back to you. :)

4. Tom

Tom Regular Member

No speed issues on this end, are you sure it's not your network, Paul?

5. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Just to be clear, its not always 20 seconds, thats been the worst cases.

I had to post this thread twice as I got a server not found error the first time, fortunately I was able to just hit "back" and re-submit.

Ive also had a couple of quick reply failures - typed a reply, hit reply, and got an error saying my message was too small (becuase it appeared to be blank .....)

6. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Very odd, Paul - I have been unable to recreate the problems in which you have been experiencing. You say that this all began upon the registration process?

7. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

Its not my local network, as Im not having an issue with any other forum I visit. Cant speak for remote networks of course, I dont know where this server is located (other than in the US).

I have a ping running to the site atm, and the values are quite high, over 100ms, but thats not too bad for a US based server from here.

8. kev

kev Regular Member

I am not experiencing any slow load times. At the very most, maybe 3 seconds,

9. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

10. Rizzo

Rizzo Regular Member

I've not had any issues here at all.

11. Chris

Chris Regular Member

This is indeed a bit strange - I'll be in contact with our server provider, just to be sure. Technically, everything appears to be in perfect working order.

12. Nick

Nick Regular Member

We do have that installed; I just disabled it in case Paul was somehow being affected by it. That would be ironic and hilarious if it was the problem. :lol:

13. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

14. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I've experienced a few slow load issues today as well, and twice a "page not found".
    It seems to be ok now.

15. Chris

Chris Regular Member

A few software updates have just recently been made. Please let me know if you experience any further issues regarding the loading speeds.

:)

16. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    I also experienced some lag today on here too, which turned me off from using the site this morning/afternoon. :(

17. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Are you still experiencing it? In the future, please let us know as soon as you begin experiencing issues, otherwise we have no clue it's going on. ;)

18. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

I didn't experience any issues yesterday or this morning with this site. Although, I did have some slow downs reported on WaltDisneyBoards since adding the Facebook style chat. Might want to look into that Nick as a possible issue.

19. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Arny, good call. That's about when I noticed this myself, too.

20. Chris

Chris Regular Member

The load on the server has been a bit higher, but only by a minuscule amount. Regardless, it could indeed be the cause of this sudden "slowness" in loading speed. Thanks for mentioning this, Arny.