Should we add Project Tools?

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by Brandon, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I see this :pirate:

I've always thought the only reason I would have to use a mod like this is for a suggestions and/or bug reporting sections.
    I may add this just to test things out, and with the new mergers, I'm sure we'll have a lot of questions for those members.

2. DaUnknownAdm!n

DaUnknownAdm!n Regular Member

Does this mean you'll be updating to vb4 or do you have an old PT license. I was under the impression that this was only going to be available for vb4

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    oh man, I didn't even look at that..lol (oops) :giggle:
    no, we're not updating to 4.0 right now and yes, I do have an old PT for 3.8 that I could use if I wanted.

4. DaUnknownAdm!n

DaUnknownAdm!n Regular Member

Lol I can appreciate your relutance when it comes to upgrading. My upgrade plans have been placed on indefinite hold for now

5. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    The nice thing (maybe only?) about 4.0 is this style we have now, has been ported to 4.0 so if and when we do upgrade, I'll be able to keep the same style :)

6. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

If you have the license and time pull the trigger on an upgrade. All the vB forums I visit are still on 3.8. I'd like to get a better handle on 4 from a members prospective. :)

7. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I'm not sure I have a 4.0 license for this URL, I'll look next time I get in the members area.
    I'm still not really impressed with 4.0 TBH
    It's getting better with each update, but IDK.. on vb.com the search takes a long time IMO and a few more issues like custom user profiles and I'm not entirely sure how well impex works with 4.0.

8. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

Impex brought in everyone from my phpbb board with a few issues

First one person got deleted and their posts became guests.
    Second, we're a role playing site and people had multiple accounts for different characters and some of them got merged for some reason.

The community loves it. Of course we went from phpbb with no mods(or few) because of how much trouble they were to add to phpbb and upgrades so all the bells and whistles of vb are impressing our members.

Luckily almost everyone uses Firefox in our community. IE as usual is crap on how it renders some pages.