Server News and Maintenance Announcements

Discussion in 'Admin Talk News' started by Chris, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Hello,

Rather than creating a new individual announcement for each server-related announcement and/or event, all pertaining content will be posted within this thread. Please be aware of the fact that this topic will remain closed and therefore, you will not be able to reply. If you have any questions or concerns, please, feel free to let me know. :)

Thanks!

2 people like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

August 21, 2009: Hardware Maintenance
    8:00 to 9:00 PM eastern

Due to a continuously persistent issue with our IPMI device, our server will be taken down for maintenance tonight between 8:00 and 9:00 PM eastern time. While this should take no longer than 15 minutes, it is possible that a hardware replacement may be made - if this is the case, please expect an extended period of downtime.

Thanks for your patience!

4 people like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Regular Member

August 26, 2009: Hardware Replacement
    12:00 AM to 3:00 AM eastern

Due to a troublesome IPMI device, our server will be taken down for a motherboard replacement early tomorrow morning. While we do not have an exact estimation as to the length of this process, expect an extended period of downtime. I will update this announcement as I acquire more information from my technicians.

Please know that this maintenance will not affect any data stored - this replacement is necessary in order to ensure the excellent health of our machine.

2 people like this.
  4. Chris

Chris Regular Member

September 3, 2009: Web Server (Platform) Upgrade
    3:00 PM eastern

We'll be upgrading our server to the latest version of LiteSpeed Web Server, an enhanced server platform that is interchangeable with Apache, which we are currently running. This transition should be nearly seamless with only a minor amount of downtime possible during the entire process. A difference in overall server performance will be noticeable shortly after the change is made, beneficial to both the community and our machine.

4 people like this.
  5. Chris

Chris Regular Member

September 19, 2009: RAM (Memory) Upgrade
    10:00 PM eastern

We'll be installing an additional 6GB of DDR3 RAM this evening for the ultimate in hardware performance. During this upgrade, our machine will be taken down and as such, this community will be down for a short period of time. Please know that this is an easy process and no data will be lost or modified during the upgrade.

3 people like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Regular Member

October 1, 2009: Network Maintenance
    3:00 AM to 4:00 AM eastern

During this time frame, our community may not be accessible for a brief period of time (intermittently) due to a routine network procedure being performed to streamline the routing policies at our server's data center. This downtime will not have an effect on any data stored and should be fairly painless.

I thank you for your patience, and please, feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns in regards to this maintenance procedure.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.