Same as SitePoint?

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by TWTCommish, Sep 9, 2001.

1. TWTCommish

TWTCommish Regular Member

Umm, those three icons on the right-hand side of each forum box look an awful lot like the ones on SP. :) Now, if that was released as some kind of minor hack, it'd be cool, but I don't remember that happening. If I'm wrong correct me, but if I'm not, then you'd need permission from SP, I believe.

2. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Heya,

Yeah the mini-icons used there are ones that were on Site Point. If they are copyrighted specifically by him, I will gladly remove them.

I can gladly replace them with other icons, which I originally wanted to do but couldn't find baby ones small enough not to expand the table there too much.

As for the coding, I got the idea from Site Point, but not the actual code or whatever.. The actual variables are already available in the vB templates (for example, subscribe/newpost etc. are found in the User Control Panel templates)...

It would be doubtful it would ever be released as "a hack", because it is just a minor table manipulation and variable call.

Thanks for writing.

3. TWTCommish

Yeah, it's quite simple...like I said, I doubt it was released as a hack, although now and then you'll run into really, really tiny releases like that. As for the icons: I don't believe they own them, but seeing as how the same icons are being used in the same place for the same purpose, you might want their blessing. I've talked to the admin before (Wayne), and he's a very nice guy, so I don't think he'd deny you or anything. :)

Nice looking forums, BTW.

4. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Heya,

Yeah he does seem like a nice guy, I've visited his site as well as gotten several excellent tips. :D

...and you do have a point as stated below, I'll likely change these icons at the earliest possible opportunity...

Thanks for writing,
    -Jason

5. TWTCommish

Nice signature too, BTW. Might I ask how old you are? Just curious...feel free to refrain from answering if you want. No big deal.

6. Alien

Alien Regular Member

7. Alien

Alien Regular Member

8. TWTCommish

I've seen those icons all over the place...I kind of doubt that's the one place they originated from. But yes, they're practically in the public domain, if that's what you mean.

9. Alien

Alien Regular Member