Review Center

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by John, Jun 21, 2009.

1. John

John Regular Member

I think it would bee cool if you have an review center instead of an forum for it.
    The features could be like someone request an review and then it shows up in an secret list for only reviewers to see and higher ranked members, and then an reviewer decided to look at that request wich should contain sitename,domain and maybe some description about it and there they can accept to review it or let someone else do it.

When they have posted there review it shows up on an different page like adminaddict.net/reviews. And they also can rate the site when they post the review.

Sorry if its hard to read but I hope you understand my suggestion :)

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Thanks for the suggestion, John. :)

If I'm understanding correctly, you'd like to see an official "review center" that would allow members to submit their communities and then receive an official review (privately) from one of the team members, correct? If so (and while this is a good idea), we'd prefer to keep such a system public for the time being. As the reviewing and critiquing of discussion forums has become a rather major aspect of this community, we'd like to keep all reviews publicly viewable to the memberbase.

I'd like to hear what others think of this idea, however.

3. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I actually like that other members put their input on the design/structure of the forum, since no one is a zombie and think alike, different perspective on the site is good. The more the merrier.

4. John

John Regular Member

You have not understood it completly correct I only mean the request should be private when an reviewer have reviewed the site then it will be public with the review.

5. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Ah, I see - so rather than publicly requesting a review (via a threaded interface), you'd like to see a "private submission" system? :)

6. John

John Regular Member

Yes and an better use for the reviews to be shown instead of using the thread and forum for this.

7. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I think it would be awesome if we could have something custom coded to better enhance our review section. Kind of like some extensive vB mod made just for us (i.e. vBadvanced, Link Directory, article section, etc.).