"Retired Staff" Group(s)

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Chris, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Chris

Chris Regular Member

What are your thoughts on creating a group (or groups) specifically designated for the staff/team members who have "retired", so to speak? I've seen this done on a variety of forums, and I find it rather interesting. While they're being publicly recognized for the efforts in which they put into the community, is placing them in such a group necessary?

2. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I'm not sure I would want to do that... it would probably lead to new members asking them why they were retired, and if there was any bad blood that led to the retirement it might be rehashed.

3. John

John Regular Member

If you do not want other people to see it you can just put them in an seperat usergroup but have it shown as they are regular member exept they might get some other things. Like bigger PM space or something.

4. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I've had a bunch of retired staff but I have never put them in a different group. No reason - I think I just don't like the extra username color if it's not needed. I can see how someone would prefer to have another group to honor their hard work, though.

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

It depends on the situation. On my forum, I've had a moderator resign because she was diagnosed with a disease that greatly impacted her life - her hobbies, her job and her family.

She was one of the greatest members I've ever seen in a community and she was just as good of a moderator. We all miss her, and she doesn't even visit anymore, but I wouldn't mind giving her a title of "Former Moderator" or something.

On a forum like this though, it's really not appropriate or necessary.

6. Demo

Demo Regular Member

First Name:
    Demo
    For now I have given retired staff a special reward in my reward system.

7. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I wouldn't do it on Pisoga.... It would create more drama than Pisoga is already itself.

In the anime world Pisoga has the motto(s) "Pisoga, we are drama" and "Pisoga; Welcome to Drama Central" for the simple facts that users there LOVE to create altercations and complain about the mods even where there is no need to, reason why which a lot of the mods resigned. This would create some controversy with the users, making them complain more. Not that I would ignore, that's just it... I wouldn't ignore, but I find it useless to complain about something that passed and it's been resolved.