Re-vitalizing VB/IB.

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Big al, Jan 25, 2014.

1. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Regular Member

First Name:
    Jeroen
    Seriously that is a good improvement, last time nothing at all. So there is hope that something is going to be done.

2. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I hope so as well. I am waiting for a reply to my answers. It may take a while as I am sure they are now checking.

3. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

From who? Mind sharing the gist of the conversation so far?

It would be good for several others to follow behind you, so they know its not just you.

AWS likes this.
  4. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I am using this email addy. [email protected] I think it would be a great idea for others to contact with their concerns about the parlous state of VB.

As he has done nothing wrong by me it would not be ethical to reveal too much of his email reply without his permission.

I think it would be a good idea for others to contact him and point out how certain staff members are actively destroying the good reputation of VB.

There is interest about how the cloud service is being misused. After all it is VB's reputation on the line as VB owns them.
    And there are of course some legal ramifications, that will be of concern to any company, no matter how large they are.

5. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Libel implies a false statement. It's not libel when it's true. ;)

6. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

I've sent John McGanty two very polite emails expressing concerns with examples at the direction vBulletin has taken but I've never had a reply. Honestly, I believe him to be a major part of the problem, somebody who will probably never be part of the solution.

Perhaps I'll resend my email to him but if I'm honest since I've moved almost all of my forums onto other platforms I don't really care too much about vBulletin. It's become a bit of a bad traffic accident, something I really shouldn't be looking at but at times I can't seem to help myself.

oldlock likes this.
  7. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

That's why I suggested going to H&F

8. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I think it would be helpful if more people sent him an email at this time. Due to the decrease in VB sales, there must be some concern as to why it is happening.
    I find it hard to comprehend that those concerned are not aware of the many customer complaints across many websites. However it cannot harm to send them emails showing our concern.

No organization wants bad publicity and the media may also have to be brought into this.

It would not hurt to re-send the two emails again. If they receive a lot of emails they may act?

9. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Autopilot likes this.
  10. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Had to clean more posts that were personal attacks. I would suggest that the parties involved put each other on ignore. I am not going to spend my time cleaning out personal attacks in these vbulletin threads.

thewhatami, Autopilot and jmurrayhead like this.